Discount Tire buys ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Discount Tire buys Tire Rack

(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

I am not sure this if this is good or bad and what effect it will have on availability and prices. But as that I am a realistic pessimist, I'd say tire prices will continue to rise, more so due to supply chain issues than this merger. 

However, with an increase in buying power maybe size selection and availability go up and prices come down . - Ha

Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2022 2:35 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

I really like discount tire. They have always treated me great and their pricing is IMO fair. Indeed supply issues increase prices a ton one would hope that the more you buy the better deal you get. Both cars have tires from discount and their database is great you can go to any store and they know all your stuff right there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2022 6:31 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

The only thing that bothers/scares me about this...will there still be the in-depth TR tire tests/comparisons? Those would be sorely missed.

I have bought tires and wheels, thru Discount, for my BMW. They did a fine job with the new wheels and tire mounting/balancing, but they did a bit of damage mounting the new snows on the OEM wheels(which I didn't notice til I switched tires 2 weeks ago). I may see if they can/will make amends. I may just shrug it off...I'll see how I feel(pissy, mad or wgaf!?).

Happy New year!!!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 4, 2022 7:52 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Share: