Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Beware of buying a used car.

dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I finally sold my Honda Accord.  It does have a few issues with it but over all it was priced to sell. I put it up on Autotrader and it got a lot of hits and I talked to potential owners that made me sad that they were not asking the right questions. 

It surprised me that most do not know what to be looking for when purchasing and I feel that they can be easily taken. Im not saying you have to have any skill set of buying but you need to bring your A game. The Lady that came over was purchasing the car for her grandson and she was very pleasant to deal with. She brought with her a gentleman to test drive the car since he owns a Honda.  Very nice people and they were impressed with the car but I feel they just didn't do enough or ask enough questions about the car so I had to tell them everything that is wrong with it because I want full disclosure. I felt that being honest and honorable is worth more to me then making off with a few more dollars.  I had to show them what they should be looking for and they were impressed with my disclosure. 

So please know how to examine a car or just about anything you plan to purchase. Bring a mechanic if you have to.  Do your research beforehand and ask the right questions. Fortunately Im not that guy but I know some friends that are and think it's perfectly fine to unload their problems on others when they sell. This is why we have those cringe worthy  charming used car sales people and mark ups that makes it impossible for everyone to get a reasonable deal.   

There use to be a lot more awareness in the past but I now find that people are a lot more submissive. 

Topic starter Posted : November 13, 2020 3:51 pm
grumpy and Uncle Mush reacted
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dev

There use to be a lot more awareness in the past but I now find that people are a lot more submissive. 

I wholeheartedly agree but to go any further would put this in the open conversation part of the site. 😎 

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 11:38 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I just got back home from helping deliver the car and collecting the tags. Im very happy that its going to a good home and it was a pleasurable experience selling to an older lady for her Grandson who will be going to college. Very nice person that I felt compelled to go the extra mile and refurbished the headlights with the buffer to make them clear again just so it brings her closer to inspection and cleaned up the windows. I want the car to be as clean and presentable. Maybe the niceness makes others do better towards you and it restores some of the faith I have with humanity. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2020 11:54 am
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @grumpy
Posted by: @dev

I wholeheartedly agree but to go any further would put this in the open conversation part of the site. 😎 

I should have used the word gullible or too trusting.  Its just amazing how much people actually believe when they only read headlines and not the tricky subversive wording that is clear as day. Who is checking the fact checkers (cough ministry of truth).

For this I have lost faith in humanity but I have been fascinated with the mechanics of confidence jobs and the proverbs of the Sun Tzu.  The critical thinkers are now a rare breed in a world of false safe guards like KBB. 

Its called ideological subversion and its fascinating but it comes to a point where its irritating.    

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2020 12:08 pm
Share: