Notifications
Clear all

Questions about subscriptions and misc

Page 1 / 2
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Hello, 

Thanks for making this happen and letting me join! A few questions about this new forum. 

1. I don't see any settings about subscriptions and how they're handled. Once you're subscribed, do you receive emails for each reply? 

2. Are there multiple themes to choose from? This default theme is so low contrast and eye searing. Super light almost-white gray on white, it's headache inducing! No offense intended at all. I'm not necessarily asking for a dark theme, just a more high contrast option. 

3. Why do the emails coming from this site come from "patrick.lipp" and not "MR2-Spyder?" Entirely unimportant, but would be a bit more professional.

4. Chrome claims this site is not secure. "Proceed with caution. Something is severely wrong with the privacy of this site’s connection. Someone might be able to see the information you send or get through this site." 

5. Can we switch the timestamp from DD/MM/YY to MM/DD/YY? I'm a filthy American and am used to that haha.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 2:05 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

1. I think you get an email notification when you subscribe to a thread and someone posts to it.  I don't know if you receive an email for each reply or not though.

2. I don't know of any other themes right now.  but that's something we can look for.

3. We were having issues with people getting the registration emails.  So Patrick set it up to email through his account.  We can look into a better long-term solution for this as well, but this was a short term fix to a pretty big problem at the time.

4.  I'm using Let's Encrypt which is a self-signed certificate.  I can change that to a comodo signed cert that will do away with that.  I want to make sure all of the assets get served from the secure location as well though.  I'll figure out the best solution to this during the week and get it done where it will just auto-forward everyone to the secure site once it's properly signed.

5. I didin't know that's how the time stamps were.  There's probably an option for that.  I'll look into it. EDIT: Resolved.

Sorry I don't have solid answers to all of your questions.  This is currently a work in progress that's coming along well due to suggestions and questions like yours though.  So please keep 'em coming.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 2:20 pm
hello reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Thanks LT! Appreciate you taking the time to answer. I'll definitely most more suggestions and critiques as I think of them, and please do understand that I'm not trying to be judgy but merely point out where improvements can eventually be made. It's a state of mind that has been very helpful in other aspects of life, where people come to me for suggestions and even product testing. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 2:37 pm
LordTakuban reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

More stuff. 

1. Is the login every 60 minutes really necessary? Seems excessive. Also annoying when you're mid thread.

2. The login page if you click something you need to be logged in for is the WordPress login page. Kinda odd it's not a site-specific login page. Entirely unimportant but something worth fixing eventually.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 5:10 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

One more. Homepage description.

"Built between ’99 and 2007, the Toyota Spyder MR2, also known as the ZZW30, is a car that has a special place in all of our hearts. With it’s nimble handling, sprightly engine..."

*MR2 Spyder, not Spyder MR2. "it's" in the second sentence should be "its." 

I'm used to proofreading, my side job is in writing 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 5:41 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: haloruler64

More stuff. 

1. Is the login every 60 minutes really necessary? Seems excessive. Also annoying when you're mid thread.

2. The login page if you click something you need to be logged in for is the WordPress login page. Kinda odd it's not a site-specific login page. Entirely unimportant but something worth fixing eventually.

Yes this needs fixed , didn't start till the change over  .....

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 5:48 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: phats

More stuff. 

Yes this needs fixed , didn't start till the change over  .....

Fixed. Sorry, Just getting the security of the site locked in!

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 5:56 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

One more. Homepage description.

"Built between ’99 and 2007, the Toyota Spyder MR2, also known as the ZZW30, is a car that has a special place in all of our hearts. With it’s nimble handling, sprightly engine..."

*MR2 Spyder, not Spyder MR2. "it's" in the second sentence should be "its." 

I'm used to proofreading, my side job is in writing 🙂

Good catch! to much going on at once and mistakes have been made. lol This has been fixed now.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 5:57 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Oh yeah, it'll take time to fix these little issues. No rush, just compiling a list! Trying to be helpful.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 5:59 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Two more things. 

1. Can we get an option to hit Shift + Enter to post a reply? This is rare for forums to be fair, but Spyderchat does it. 

2. Is there a way to multi-quote?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2019 3:12 am
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

When I try to look up a member in the members list it's goes by the number of post someone makes rather than alphabetically . Does this make sense other than it keeps the most active at the top of the list . Doesn't make it very easy to find a member , can this be changed ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 10:13 am
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

When I try to look up a member in the members list it's goes by the number of post someone makes rather than alphabetically . Does this make sense other than it keeps the most active at the top of the list . Doesn't make it very easy to find a member , can this be changed ? 

Did some searching online. 

There is currently no way to multi quote but it is an expected update. 

there is no way to organize the member list, it is organized by post count and reputation(Likes).

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 1:41 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Patrick Lipp

there is no way to organize the member list, it is organized by post count and reputation(Likes).

Thanks for the answer even tho it's not a good answer . lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 1:47 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: Patrick Lipp

Thanks for the answer even tho it's not a good answer . lol

Sadly, this is the case. In other news, I'm designing a new home page that I'd like some feedback on. 

https://mr2-spyder.com/

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 3:07 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

That looks really good. Well done.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 3:08 pm