Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Our current focus on present issues. June 21st

dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

This board is new and there are gong to be issues we are going to experience until Patrick and LT can fix them.  Some of these issues  are more important than others and are necessary for the survival of this board.  I just want to keep some perspective on what needs to be done at present so we don't lose members.  

1. The activation system needs to be fixed. Some people are either receiving the activation in their spam filter or not at all. Is there a way to manually activate members that are having issues.   

2. Edits in posts.  there was an issue with being able to edit ones posts.  Can this be fixed.  Fixed 

3.  Minimum posts for posting pictures.  Can this be reduced to 2 posts.  I understand we need to keep spam out but for the time being I can be vigilant with unapproving spam posts for the time being until actual members can have less issues. 

After these things are fixed we can concentrate on new features and fund raising.    

Thats all I can think of but if these issues can take priority  before we can bring more members here.  

Topic starter Posted : June 21, 2019 9:59 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Second the edit function.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 11:48 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Its fixed, at least it works for me now.

😎

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 11:55 am
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Good to hear. Can anyone else confirm. 

If number 2 is fixed we can cross that off our list. 

I think we should not overwhelm the Admin as there is a lot to be done and its not going to happen overnight. We are all going to be eating the same crap sandwich but at least its our crap sandwich.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 21, 2019 12:29 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:45 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Yea, I think it's fixed now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:57 pm
joluthgo_2
(@joluthgo_2)
Eminent Member

RE: Item 1

I was unable to register with my yahoo address. Verification email never came through.

Tried probably 3 or 4 times to sign up and the email never came through. I checked the spam folder, added both wordpress@mr2-spyder.com and noreply@mr2-spyder.com to my contact list, but nothing worked. I think yahoo may be filtering it but I have no way of getting the email.

Ended up signing up with a different username and my gmail account and that worked just fine (although the email did come through to my Spam folder, but I knew to check for it)

RALEIGH, NC
125k miles, Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers (4k/6k), Hard Top, 6spd w/ LSD, TTE Exhaust, TTE Spoiler, TTE Roll Bar
Advanti Storm S1 wheels in 16x8 with 205/45/r16 Continental ExtremeContact UHP All-Seasons

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 6:54 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

It would appear that we are off to a great start. One of the things that makes a board successful is organic content and its picked up quiet a bit in the last two days as members are coming in.  Its gone past my optimistic expectations with less than 30 members.  When more start coming in it will set off a chain reaction and those that are on the fence will start migrating here.  

This could be our golden period.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 22, 2019 9:09 am
hello reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

1. I'll see if maybe the email for activation can be changed to something other than "wordpress".  That should help a bit.  I'll also see if there's maybe a way to auto authorize users.

3. That should be doable about the minimum post count.  Are we getting a bunch of spam now?  And if so, we might want to think about a better captcha or registering solution.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 2:48 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: LordTakuban

1. I'll see if maybe the email for activation can be changed to something other than "wordpress".  That should help a bit.  I'll also see if there's maybe a way to auto authorize users.

3. That should be doable about the minimum post count.  Are we getting a bunch of spam now?  And if so, we might want to think about a better captcha or registering solution.

OK.  Quick search through the settings and I can't make any of the changes I mentioned.  It's still something to look into though and there may be a way to make that work.

There also seems to be issues with posting pictures or linking to external URLs.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 2:56 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I think priority number 1 needs to be access to the board for registration. I want to bring in more people but I worry about them giving up because they cant get in.  

Here is a thought that is a little out there but I want to entertain the idea because it might be a good way forward. 

How about migrating to better board software. Not just for the eye candy or features  but for the ability of the Admins to better able to use the software for activation and at the same time spam control. Most of all it should be easy for you guys to maintain it since its not both of your day time jobs.  

If we can find out the costs of how much it would cost for the upgrade we can have the amount in a matter of a weeks time just from the donations and we can keep paying for the upgrade every year as  new members roll in.  

I remember when we had Spyderweb the licensing was not that expensive.   Either way we might reach a point where it will become inevitable.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

That makes sense to me.   I'd chip in.   If the average time it takes for people to give up and quit is seconds, we got to capture them right up front.   Then it is a matter of better mouse traps if they choose to stay or come back.   Its up to us to create a better choice and the initial contact with us needs to be that from the first hit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 4:39 pm
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: Uncle Mush

That makes sense to me.   I'd chip in.   If the average time it takes for people to give up and quit is seconds, we got to capture them right up front.   Then it is a matter of better mouse traps if they choose to stay or come back.   Its up to us to create a better choice and the initial contact with us needs to be that from the first hit. 

Compared to Spyderweb this board seems to have far more potential because the SC threat  is far worse this time. 

From the numbers I am seeing and how dissatisfied members are there might be a massive exodus over here especially when they start a premium member scheme.  We should be a ahead of this so VS doesn't try to retaliate against us. I have read that some splinter groups suspected VS shut them down by hacking into their web servers.  Who knows if its true or not but I worry about the potential of VS tentacles attempting to make things difficult if they see that members are jumping ship. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Share: