Notifications
Clear all

Copilot for Power FC: Download and Discussion

Page 2 / 2
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Posted by: @japtastic141

I'm not sure how the logged samples are supposed to work. Is there a way to save this data so it doesn't start from 0 each time you run a log? Or is that by design?

So, the way it's intended to be used is to make use of the autotune folders.  The data logs will be saved there when it's logging.  Then, you will just load them one at a time and it will process all of the samples.  Hopefully, that makes sense.  I don't think there is a way to load up all previous samples and then start an auto-tune session with that data already present.

Posted by: @japtastic141

I ran an ignition sample/autotune and it says that 51 cells were written but there is no difference from the original. Is there a difference between the function of Fuel vs Ignition tuning? Fuel showed me the changes/differences and I then decided whether to write these or not. Does Ignition work the same or not?

One of the features that CoPilot has is the ability to write to the ECU in real time as it's running.  It's a setting that you need to turn on, IIRC.  But you should look for that setting and see if it might have just written the updates when adjusting for knock.

One other thing about the IGN map is that there is a leading and a trailing map.  That is something that's only used by the RX7.  So you might be on the map that it didn't write to?

Another possibility is that the number refers to the fuel map and not the ign map.

Other...

One thing that may seem odd at first is that there are thresholds for how many samples need to be collected before a cell can be auto tuned.  There are settings for this in CoPilot.  The main reason that's there is to make sure you're tuning with a large enough sample size to make well informed changes.

Hopefully, that info helps get you moving again.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2023 4:11 pm
(@japtastic141)

Excellent, thanks for all the info. Completely missed your post as I didn't get notified. Hope you had a good Christmas. I'm away for a few days now so will have to check again when I'm back 👍🏼

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2023 4:31 am
LordTakuban reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: