Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 4:41 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

There was a guy on the old board that suggested to carry with them a bunch of nuts and bolts and lob them out of the window.  

I berated him and somehow I was the bad guy.   

All joking aside, no mater how bad a person is (except for Jeffry Epstein) I think its best to just get out of their way and avoid countermeasures that would end up pissing them off  and  escalating the situation were it ends up in road rage. 

Some people are psychos looking for trouble so they can pull out that crossbow stashed in the back of their trunk.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 5:14 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Dev
Posted by: CSPIDY

You know what really works better than any light mod. A freaking exhaust. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud and it does the job very well. It will get the attention you need for someone to notice you both consciously and subconsciously  like echo location. 

I noticed the difference from day one after adding the exhaust.   

you would look good on a Harley.

I hate Harleys.  Not my style at all but on the other end of it I like old British motorcycles like the Royal enfield.   I have the rifle chambered in 308 now I just need the bike. 

you know Dev, that is very un-American of you. everybody knows that Harleys and Corvettes are the only true American vehicles of choice. 

I love following a Harley up the Dragon Blat Blat Blat, scrape scrape

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 5:21 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

You know what really works better than any light mod. A freaking exhaust. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud and it does the job very well. It will get the attention you need for someone to notice you both consciously and subconsciously  like echo location. 

I hate Harleys.  Not my style at all but on the other end of it I like old British motorcycles like the Royal enfield.   I have the rifle chambered in 308 now I just need the bike. 

I have always wanted to build a café racer, just use some old 350 Honda,

a little welding and paint work and your done.

make it look like one of those old English bikes.

it could be a cheep quick build.

just don't have the passion to ride one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 5:29 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have always wanted to build a café racer, just use some old 350 Honda,

a little welding and paint work and your done.

make it look like one of those old English bikes.

it could be a cheep quick build.

just don't have the passion to ride one.

You are talking my language. I have always been fascinated by the Cafe racers.  Im sure you know their history but for those that don't these guys would race from one cafe to another. From what I understand this is how  motor GP was started. 

Those bikes look as good as a pair of telefunken tubes on a pre-amp.   I have driven the Royal Enfield 350 for a good while when I was in college and it was a dream.  I would like to pick up one for myself as they are built like tanks and don't cost as much as Norton. 

A fun fact, I learned how to ride on my friends Honda CB350 when I was 16.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 5:48 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

So glad you enjoyed my silly antidote.  If you are seriously considering stream,  perhaps just a few drops of antifreeze on the exhaust manifold would create enough "smoke" to  capture their attention.  "OMG!  That poor little frog is on fire!"   You could rig a squirt gun trigger to the brake peddle with a small reservoir of fluid and line to snack tray aimed downward towards the manifold.   Okay.  Silliness from me, once again,  but still . . . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2019 1:51 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 10, 2019 9:24 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Uncle Mush

So glad you enjoyed my silly antidote.  If you are seriously considering stream,  perhaps just a few drops of antifreeze on the exhaust manifold would create enough "smoke" to  capture their attention.  "OMG!  That poor little frog is on fire!"   You could rig a squirt gun trigger to the brake peddle with a small reservoir of fluid and line to snack tray aimed downward towards the manifold.   Okay.  Silliness from me, once again,  but still . . . 

Uncle Mush-man you are one sick puppy. An evil genius 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2019 10:02 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 10, 2019 11:12 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I wouldn't really trust a bulb that has a built in strobe. Another circuit packed inside a super hot LED? Not ideal. I'd get a separate, reliable strobe unit and pair it with the Alla bulbs. Even just the bright Alla bulbs in the third brake light should help visibility. This is the difference I saw, left is an old version of those bulbs, center and right are stock. Ignore center, obviously it's a different angle, but compare outer ones. 

Yes the outer brake bulbs are 7443 and inner are 7440, but I run 7443 in all of them. 7443 just has two extra pins, with the two regular pins in the same position. Inner ones don't have the "low mode" wiring for the parking lights but you can always upgrade the socket to a 7443. 

921 will fit a 194 socket, but not sure if it'll fit into the housing itself. Bulb hole is pretty small. Depends on the car. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2019 8:37 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 8:01 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

No guarantees on the JDM ASTAR 7443s, they're an older chip so I have no idea if they're any good. Post pics if you can.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 8:24 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 8:46 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Go with a reliable brand like VLEDs (expensive) and Diode Dynamics (more reasonable). DD is a particularly good brand. I've heard JDM ASTAR has gone south as well. 

With LEDs, complex devices with a lot of parts and circuitry to them, you get what you pay for sadly. Some cheap bulbs are great, most are not. Mostly issues with beam pattern rather than reliability.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 9:09 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

These might look the same as other Chinese parts, and the emitters are. But the circuitry driving them is very different. Circuitry driving LEDs can vary from a couple resistors to a full blown constant current driver (something that is necessary, resistors are not good enough). They'll keep the LEDs at a good brightness while compensating for heat and absorbing current spikes. Even the smaller spikes a car's electrical system can have can fry an emitter, they're sensitive. Hence the reliability problems. 

https://www.diodedynamics.com/7440-7443-hp11-led-bulbs.html

But you already made your purchase. They might be good, not saying they aren't. Give em a shot. Post photos.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 9:12 am
Page 4 / 6
Share: