Share:
Notifications
Clear all

My Tail Lights Must Be Invisible...

Page 3 / 6
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Me, I'd do the full taillight upgrade. Buy once, cry once. It's a tough pill to swallow but they'll last for a long time. Hell, my headlights alone cost a crazy amount of money in terms of labor. All for this glorious visibility. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 11:36 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 12:33 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Find an old "Jack In The Box" fiberglass head taken from a restaurant when they changed the logo/look years ago.   Bolt it to the engine lid and run bright red LEDs where the eyes should be so they really light up.   Fabricate (inside the head) a bracket to hold a fire extinguisher with the nozzle pointing out the mouth of the clown's head and devise a way for the extinguisher to emit CO2 when braking.  This is,  perhaps a bit more elaborate than Christmas lights,  but will likely garner much more attention.   To finish it off,  you could mount a PA system pointed at the car behind you that also activates the recorded garbled message "will that complete your order?" followed by an evil laugh.

That ought to get their attention! 😎 

I've always wanted to mount a secretly hidden paintball gun in the rear of the car and spit paintballs at them.  But then, I'm a pretty sick puppy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 12:52 pm
CSPIDY reacted
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member
Posted by: NottaMiata

Plus, the overall concerns of the entire electrical system should be factored in. I'm getting nervous about my ABS too.  Anyone have any problems with that since the original thread started several years ago on the other site?

Older and cheap LED modules use a resistor as a ballast to limit the LED current and they typically don't generate any substantial noise when turned on.

Newer LED modules typically use switching power supplies as the ballast device so they tend to generate both conductive and radiated noise in the power and data buses. 

Better high end modules are designed to reduce both types of noise and are less likely to cause an issue with either the power or data bus.

As Halo said, pay once, cry once or be sure to use older technology.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 12:55 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 12:59 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

You know what really works better than any light mod. A freaking exhaust. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud and it does the job very well. It will get the attention you need for someone to notice you both consciously and subconsciously  like echo location. 

I noticed the difference from day one after adding the exhaust.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 1:00 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 1:15 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I also do not like loud obnoxious exhausts.  However its not just the sound its the quality of sound.  You can have someone run their nails though a chalk board which would be well under the level of hearing damage but it will want you to kill the person.  

On the other hand listing to the music a Ferrari flat 12 makes is a very different thing.  The quality of the sound makes all the difference on how it is perceived.  A crapy musician is a crapy musician and no amount of quieting it down is going to help.  

My exhaust is quiet at idle but once I go into lift it gets loud but its a good loud that sounds like an exotic car.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 1:29 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 1:35 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 1:39 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 2:07 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

I like the idea of some kind of "proximity detector". Or, just tie these little babies into your third brake light or have a manual on/off switch. Place on either side of the license plate.  Only kidding as they are totally illegal 

www.ledoutfitters.com/surface-mount-grille-led-lights/damega-dual-color-chameleon-flex-6-grille-surface-mount-light

To see how they would work, watch the video.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 2:29 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Dev

You know what really works better than any light mod. A freaking exhaust. It doesn't have to be obnoxiously loud and it does the job very well. It will get the attention you need for someone to notice you both consciously and subconsciously  like echo location. 

you would look good on a Harley.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 3:31 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I say carry a trunk monkey with a tire iron in the frunk.

and turn him loose when ever they get to close,

you could have it activated to pop the frunk by radar (speed vs distance) when they get to close.

and at the next stop sign or traffic light your problem is solved.

anyone remember those adds?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 3:37 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: CSPIDY
Posted by: Dev

you would look good on a Harley.

I hate Harleys.  Not my style at all but on the other end of it I like old British motorcycles like the Royal enfield.   I have the rifle chambered in 308 now I just need the bike. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 3:57 pm
Page 3 / 6
Share: