(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @nottamiata

Mush, your car is perfect. Almost makes me miss my stock wheels (except for the royal pain in the ass part). But I admire the purism nevertheless.

And between you and erdoc, that gray hard top is creeping into my subconscious. Can't give up the convertible, though. Especially when The Frog's vinyl is still in such nice shape. It will be a tough call when it is finally decision time, though. That gray...

But damn, your car looks nice. Ooh! Here's an idea! You should do that to a Green one. Yeah. Feel free to use mine for the task. You know, if you get bored or somethin'.

Beautiful car, UM.

Thank you for the kind words.   Much appreciated.  By the way, just in case you don't know, the hard top is removable and the soft top remains in tact.  That way,  you can run some days with the hard top and some days with just the soft top,  depending on what strikes your fancy.  If we take the Spyder to the coast for the weekend,  sometimes we ride over with the hard top on and then remove it when we get there and then put it back on when it's time to go home.   The best of both worlds. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 1:51 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Absolutely, I have my hardtop on a good 10 months of the year but I do remove it for special occasions. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 3:52 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush
Posted by: @nottamiata

Mush, your car is perfect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 7:07 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

The factory hardtop attaches to the windshield frame with latches same as the ragtop.   I slide the drivers seat forward, squat down inside the car and stand up with the hardtop resting on my head to remove - and the process takes about 2 minutes.   Gotta have a safe place to put the hardtop though.   Installation is the same process - balance it on your head, walk into the car and squat down, latch the four latches.     It goes like this....

This post was modified 5 years ago 3 times by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 9:28 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 9:35 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

The curvature of the aft end of the hardtop won’t let the hooks touch the paint on the cowl and engine lid.   You can jockey it around on the big rubber seal to get it positioned correctly during installation.

This post was modified 5 years ago by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 9:47 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 10:04 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 1:17 pm
SLBit and phats reacted
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

All very nice pictures! As for my hard top, that gray is a custom color (non Toyota OEM color) - it’s a bit darker than the 1E7 or 3D0 paint codes. Probably closer to the Phantom Gray color of the Spyders.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Erdoc turned me onto a company that sells an electric wench for raising and lowering the hardtop so I don't have to manually lift it on and off the car.  Cost a few shekels, but worth it to me.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 5:26 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Erdoc turned me onto a company that sells an electric wench for raising and lowering the hardtop so I don't have to manually lift it on and off the car.  Cost a few shekels, but worth it to me.   

Heh heh,   You said “wench”...   I’ve read the electric wenches are getting much more lifelike!   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 9:03 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Digital wench

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 9:06 pm
Page 2 / 29
Share: