Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SuperPro Bushing Install

Page 2 / 3
(@dblotii)
Estimable Member

@dev  Agree about the tool.  I also recommend that once you get some load on it, heat the hub surrounding the stud with a propane torch for a few minutes.  This reduces the amount of load you need to put on the tool.  Load it up, heat it up, then tap it (moderately) with a hammer.

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2020 3:26 pm
CSPIDY, dev and marsrock7 reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@dev

That axle must've been in there a while to require that much hammering... I usually only need a couple of light taps.

...then again, I suppose mine are out for one reason or another almost annually, and I make sure the hub splines and threads are greased every time they go back in. I'm sure the average Honda doesn't get taken apart nearly as often as mine 😛

I once went to a private junkyard and the owner was bashing the hell out of an axle on a 90s Civic (like mine at the time) to get it out of the hub, but without the lower ball joint popped free. I respectfully told him it would be much easier with the ball joint loose and the way he was doing it would likely damage the axle, and possibly the transmission. It turned into quite the disagreement so I just paid for my wiring harness and left before he decided not to sell it to me. 🙄

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2020 3:55 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

@dblotii

I can see the torch being beneficial however just the tool does the job just fine.  I was helping a local once and we played Russian roulette giving the bolt on the tool half turns until it popped. I have come across some rusted ones and this tool just works with no damage, its just the noise which I love to hate. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2020 8:17 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @marsrock7

@dev

That axle must've been in there a while to require that much hammering... I usually only need a couple of light taps.

...then again, I suppose mine are out for one reason or another almost annually, and I make sure the hub splines and threads are greased every time they go back in. I'm sure the average Honda doesn't get taken apart nearly as often as mine 😛

I once went to a private junkyard and the owner was bashing the hell out of an axle on a 90s Civic (like mine at the time) to get it out of the hub, but without the lower ball joint popped free. I respectfully told him it would be much easier with the ball joint loose and the way he was doing it would likely damage the axle, and possibly the transmission. It turned into quite the disagreement so I just paid for my wiring harness and left before he decided not to sell it to me. 🙄

They were the original axles that lasted 120k miles and many years so it was frozen shut.  It's completely my fault as I should have known better and let some penetrating oil do its job with time but I thought if light taps wouldn't work I could use heavy hits so I got myself in a loop that I couldn't get out of.  It was completely avoidable but sometimes when you are in the moment you turn into a monkey. It was not a big deal as I was able to replace it with a $50 used part on EBay and I was on my way.  One good thing about Accords and Camrys is the used parts are so cheap and many to choose from.  I think this is the reason why they are some of the most desired cars used for those that want to flip them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2020 8:26 am
(@sr2223)

@dev Do you still have the tool and DVD for sale?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2022 11:13 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @sr2223

That thread is nearly 2 years old. Dev is still around, so hopefully he'll chime in...oh, welcome aboard!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2022 10:59 pm
dev reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Hi sr2223.  Welcome to the better place.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2022 1:44 am
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Yes I do. It’s $45 shipped. Payable by PayPal to dev_r6@hotmail.com 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2022 5:53 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @dev

Yes I do. It’s $45 shipped. Payable by PayPal to dev_r6@hotmail.com 

You're welcome...😉😉😁

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2022 7:48 pm
dev reacted
(@sr2223)

@dev Thanks for the welcome everybody. Dev I'm located in Australia will you ship internationally?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2022 2:41 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

@sr2223 

I do but based on the weight it would be expensive. Probably an additional $20. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2022 1:15 pm
(@sr2223)

@dev I can't seem to private message as a newbie. that's ok regarding shipping do you want to pay $65 total?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 7:30 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

@dev I can't seem to private message as a newbie. that's ok regarding shipping do you want to pay $65 total?

Two questions do you have a DVD player that can play NTSC format that we use in the US ?

Do you have a local hardware store to purchase a threaded bolt. I designed the kit so that the bolt breaks incase the bushing is frozen so it doesn't damage the control arm and you can buy another at a hardware store.  What I can do is include an additional threaded bolt.  Some of these cars driven on salty roads have their bushings corroded but if you live in a warmer climate it should not be an issue but I will make sure to include an extra. 

If the shipping ends up being cheaper I will refund you the difference.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 2:49 pm
Galo reacted
(@sr2223)

@dev Thanks I have DVD player which can play NTSC.Hopefully I don't have any issues living in a warmer climate. I will send payment now

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 8:39 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

@dev Thanks I have DVD player which can play NTSC.Hopefully I don't have any issues living in a warmer climate. I will send payment now

Payment received.  I will have it out to you Monday with a tracking number. 

One thing I didn’t mention in the video that was taken around 2008. Make sure to lubricate the outside of bushings as it makes things easier to push through.  Some of the bushings need to be cut out. I explain how to do it in the video. If you have any trouble at all during the process feel free to contact me at my email and I can help you. Except for the bolt breaking most people have been successful, just pace yourself and it will be a fun process. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 9:10 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: