[Sticky] General Rules of Private Sales Section
1. No Commercial Sales in Private Sales
This rule also applies to Direct Retail, Group Buy, and Sales of Quantity. All items sold must be items you acquired for your own use, in quantities reasonably used in normal applications, and not acquired for use in your business, for work you do on the side, or for clients that you are selling the parts to. We have a separate section for group buys and commercial sales. Please use as appropriate.
Exceptions may be granted but must be requested and approved before posting in a thread. Send a PM to and Admin or Mod with enough information so a ruling may be given
2. YOU MUST POST AN ASKING PRICE FOR EACH ITEM YOU ARE SELLING
This is the maximum price you are allowed to charge. You may also add OBO (Or Best Offer) to your price, which means you will accept the posted price or less, at your discretion
3. Members are permitted to post a link to their ebay sale in their Classified thread for the same item(s)
If you put your item on ebay after the thread has been posted, you may add the link or mention that it is now on ebay
4. If you are NOT INTERESTED in an item that is up for sale: DO NOT POST NEGATIVE OR DESTRUCTIVE POSTS IN THAT THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE QUESTIONING AN ERROR
Please do not talk to your buddies or post irrelevant questions or comments. Please respect the seller and keep the thread on topic and relevant. It is the seller’s responsibility to set a price for the item being sold. It is not the job of members to tell the seller whether it is high or low. However, pertinent information may be allowed, at the discretion of the moderator
5. There will be NO feeler threads
Either you have an item in your possession ready for immediate SALE, or you have an item you want TO BUY OR TRADE, or you DO NOT POST A THREAD
6. Do not intentionally "bump up" your own topic more than once a day
You may of course respond to questions, but excessive "bumping" will result in the termination of your sale. A “bump” is a post to get your thread back to the top of the page. If there has been any post made by anyone during a particular day, meaning the time stamp in the upper left hand corner reads "Today", a bump is not necessary and should not be posted
7. Please post in your thread when each item has been SOLD
Sellers are encouraged to use tracking numbers or delivery confirmation for items in excess of $200, to protect both the seller and the buyer
8. Members may post links to Classified threads, or mention items posted in their Signature or User Title, and may also post eBay links for items currently in an open sale thread
Please keep it short and to the point. Items not posted in the Classifieds cannot be linked or mentioned. Management reserves the right to hold threads in moderation for the original poster to edit as necessary
9. Do NOT create a new thread for items that you have already posted
Bump your old thread or ask for permission to create a new one
10. Please post an intelligent, descriptive subject for your thread
.....a. Start the subject with FS (For Sale), WTB (Want To Buy) WTT (Want To Trade), or FF (For Free if you are giving something away and just asking for shipping or will ship free also)
.....b. If the item is for a vehicle, be sure and post the model, color, and year of the vehicle. If there is more than one year or model applicable, come as close as you can. For other items, please post a color if applicable
.....c. If there is only one item involved, try and post that in the subject. If there are multiple items, state that also
.....d. If your item is a vehicle, accessory, or anything else that people might want to see what it looks like, it is strongly recommended that you post pictures, or at least post that you are going to post pictures soon
If shipping is required, sellers are encouraged to use tracking numbers or delivery confirmation.
Buyers should request this even if it costs a few dollars more to ship. This is to protect both the seller and the buyer.
1. We do not promote/endorse any products listed for sale here
2. All transactions are the responsibilities of the parties involved. Use sound judgment in making purchasing/payment decisions; we are neither responsible nor liable for false advertisement of products, lost sales, and/or products not received
Please show respect to each other and abide by the rules. Thank you!