How many miles on y...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How many miles on your Spyder

Page 2 / 2
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Mine's a 2003 that I purchased 2009 and at that time is had 13,363 miles on it.  It currently has a little over 55k miles on it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2023 12:06 pm
Galo and LordTakuban reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I am still at around 155k.  I only drive it on occasion and have not put that many miles on it since 2011.  I kind of like to savor it for a very long time. The only way I would ever sell it is for a Factory 5 project but I do not see that happening so I would like to keep the thing that brings me so much joy especially when the mindset today is vintage is cool and electric is not.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2023 4:41 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I don't remember how many miles are on mine, but at this point, it's just a chassis number now since the engine and transmission are both different.  I think I'm somewhere in the 130K range.  But it is rarely driven (and hasn't moved an inch until recently in over 2.5 years).

I have no plans at all to sell the car.  I'm not sure what would even make me consider selling it.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2023 12:00 pm
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

I bought my 01 with 152ish K and a spun bearing.  Dropped by the pan and put some oversized bearings in for bandaid, swapped another 1zz (JDM) in at 155k. Now around 177K.  Swapped trans (supposed 110k unit) about 170k to try and quite it down. It did, but 2-3 and 4-5 shifts are not smooth. Had big plans - but no budget. Though not a DD, it is the vehicle I drive the most, especially when not too hot out. (AC is not functioning.) 

I like the car - but would sell in a heartbeat for big money (but not planning) - I am not an MR2 purist but bought it cheap as a project/fun car, back in 2013(?) and it has been all that and more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2023 10:31 am
Uncle Mush and dev reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Actually, after driving around yesterday.  YES!  I was actually finally driving my car!!!  I have 118K miles on the chassis.  The engine is much less, but I don't really know the real number.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2023 11:07 am
Uncle Mush, dev and Rdawg reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: