Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SPAM

neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

I am pretty sure its probably a coincidence, but shortly after registering on this site I started getting lots of SPAM e-mails with the account I used to register for this site.

Just an FYI...

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2019 1:53 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Your email shouldn't be viewable or accessible to anyone/anything else. I am going through the settings again now just to make sure there is nothing I have missed. 

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 2:07 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I started receiving more spam right after the new Spyderchat website was launched. 

It could be that when you posted your  Email to me though their PM system it might been picked up by them and I wouldn't put it passed them that they sell our information to third parties. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 2:30 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

The account I use for this has been associated with this site for about a year. I do not receive any spam email. I want to keep a very close eye on this. This website is hosted on one of LT's shared servers and myself and LT are the only two with access to the Database, or WP backend. Furthermore, I want to maintain it in as secure of a way as possible.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 2:37 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Thanks guys.

It is probably not related to the site, but I thought you should be aware of it just in case.

👍

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2019 2:53 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I am getting about the same amount of spam. I am sure my email has already been sold 1000000 times so meh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 7:24 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Yeah.  nobody should be able to access anyone's email addresses or info at all.  If something was passed in PM on the other site, you better believe they are scanning that and likely reading it too.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 2:44 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I found out from a local member how to find out where the Spam is coming from. I need to get him here and he will fill us in. 

I suspect I might be the cause of the spam you guys encountered by having you give me your Email address so I can contact you off the board. 

It could be that SC picked up the email and let their catches distribute it to whatever third party that sells it to advertisers.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: Dev

It could be that SC picked up the email and let their catches distribute it to whatever third party that sells it to advertisers.  

Bastards!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 4:54 pm
hello reacted
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

The Spam has subsided quite a bit after the initial influx so no worries on my end.  Thanks for investigating though. 😎 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 23, 2019 5:52 pm
Share: