Issues and Suggesti...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issues and Suggestions

Page 8 / 14
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Hi y'all.  I'm still on the road and only have access via my phone.   I see links to pictures in different posts, but have to click on them to see pictures.  It's that the way it looks on a home computer?  If so, will it be possible to some day make it so that posted photos automatically are displayed in the post rather than having to click on a file/link?  I think that will make the site much more attractive to new potential members.  It may be the site already does this, but I just don't know how to configure the settings.

Also, could someone post a sticky in the library (do we have library) written in such a way that an old, tech un-savvy fart like me can understand it as to how to post photos?  Do photos have to be posted with a link to a sight like Photobucket?  (Sorry about that reference, but it's the only one I ever used and haven't moved-on since their extortion scheme few years back).

I apologize for the request for hand-holding / spoon-feeding, but I just don't have the knowledge and skill sets around this kind of stuff.  Thank you,  in advance,  for any help you can provide.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 1:23 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

No need to apologize.  The images just show up as links on the desktop version as well.  I'd like to find a solution to that also.

We can gradually implement these types of suggestions and ways to help things as we hear about them (provided they are possible).

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 1:43 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

There is a plugin for the attachments:

https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-advanced-attachments/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 2:29 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Testing image attachment...

IMG 1646

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 3:23 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 3:25 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: NottaMiata

Please remember, though, that a page full of 4MB in-line images is going to be s-l-o-o-o-w on a wimpy connection.

4G and wifi can be notoriously spotty.

OTOH, clicking on each image ain't no fun, neither.

Thumbnails as link placeholders would ideal, but its easy for me to sit here and suggest work for others to perform.

This shows thumbnails where you can click for the full image.  Please see my post above.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 3:28 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Hi y'all.  I'm still on the road and only have access via my phone.   I see links to pictures in different posts, but have to click on them to see pictures.  It's that the way it looks on a home computer?  If so, will it be possible to some day make it so that posted photos automatically are displayed in the post rather than having to click on a file/link?  I think that will make the site much more attractive to new potential members.  It may be the site already does this, but I just don't know how to configure the settings.

Posted by: @lordtakuban

No need to apologize.  The images just show up as links on the desktop version as well.  I'd like to find a solution to that also.

We can gradually implement these types of suggestions and ways to help things as we hear about them (provided they are po

Testing multi-quote.

You accomplish this by selecting the text with your mouse and then clicking on the " icon that appears.  You can do this however many times are on the page.  Not sure if or how this would work on quoting from other pages.  But it's something.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2019 9:18 am
 Marc
(@marc)
Trusted Member

This is from the first page:

Posted by: @kamlung

Please post any issues you come across with the site here and we will try to address

This is from the 8th page:

Posted by: @lordtakuban

Not sure if or how this would work on quoting from other pages.  But it's something.

Multi-page quotes are possible but a bit tricky, you have to just make the quote on the other page and copy the text out of the reply box then paste it on the next page, get a quote from there, copy the whole thing and repeat as many times as necessary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2019 11:47 am
LordTakuban reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

How do you turn off the email notifications ? For people quoting or for private messages ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2019 6:48 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 9:08 am
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

Quick Comment & Suggestion:

I too would be willing to pay a yearly fee/gift to help defray the Board's expenses and/or buy new features that would enhance the Board.  Is there a way for you to accept PayPal contributions for the Board?  Additionally, as a marketing/peer pressure tool, if you do start to accept donations, maybe you could append the "Donator's| Account" (the name and/or picture that shows up when you post) to indicate that they are an Annual Contributor?

Lastly, is it just me, or does everyone's PM paragraphs go from a double space between paragraphs --- when creating a new message --- to single spaced--- no space after each paragraph --- after sending the message?  Is there a way to "Turn Off" this "Feature?" I for one, find it much easier to read paragraphs that are separated by at least a single space.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Why is "Forum is empty" showing for forums that do indeed have threads in them, such as "Private Sales"?

Just wondering...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 3:44 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @galo

Why is "Forum is empty" showing for forums that do indeed have threads in them, such as "Private Sales"?

Just wondering...

i noticed this too... the threads in the subforums aren't pushing up to the parent forum... so on the main page you can't see past the threads that are another level below in the subforums... 

not sure how that can be fixed

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Just wondering...

i noticed this too... the threads in the subforums aren't pushing up to the parent forum... so on the main page you can't see past the threads that are another level below in the subforums... 

Are Patrick and Justin aware of this?

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 7:11 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

Just wondering...

Are Patrick and Justin aware of this?

@lordtakuban

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2019 9:34 am
Page 8 / 14
Share: