Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Forum Addons

LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I was looking at some of the available add-ons for the forum software and most are more for monetization or other non-relevant things.  But there are a few that we don't have already that may add to the enjoyment of the forum.  However, before buying some more add-ons, I want to hear from you all if you would make use of any of them.  The add-ons that may add a little flair to the forum are as follows:

* GIPHY Integration

* Tenor GIF Integration

* Polls

* Pie  (This is not an add-on, but all polls/lists should include this option.  It's a rule).

I'm kinda thinking the polls one since this could have been done as a poll with multi-choice maybe.

Anyway, Please reply with which, if any your would use if they were available.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2021 10:09 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Hi LT . . .

Since I don't know what GIPHY Integration and Tenor GIF Integration are, I would be hard-pressed to weigh-in on those two options.  I do think that having the ability to poll would be helpful and (here's a callback from the past) I think it would be lovely to have pie (reference to on-going joke on S.C. about 10 years ago). 🙂

Thank you, again, for all of your work to keep this community alive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 11:40 am
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Not sure if we need more graphics integration. I would need to see some examples of how they would improve this site.

Polls / Pie Charts would be nice.

And thanks LT for your dedication to this site.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 1:32 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I to like polls

not sure about the graphics,

but as suggested 

some examples would help to understand the advantage 

and who doesn’t like pies

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2021 3:42 pm
(@randman2011)
Eminent Member

As someone who uses gif keyboards, etc. to provide responses, I find them to be incredibly distracting and detrimental to forums. If someone is really adamant that their response be an image or a gif they can already do that, but when useful threads fill up with posts containing just a gif or unrelated image it hurts readability and the ability for future members to pull out the useful information from a thread. Polls can be useful, especially when trying to organize a group buy or product introduction. Pie is always welcome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2021 3:07 pm
ISpy and Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Great discussion, everyone.  I'll probably add the polls stuff soon.  Those other integrations were just things that seemed simple enough, but many reasons against their inclusion are valid and upon further consideration, they likely don't belong here.

I'll post once the poll addon has been ... added on.

Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 14, 2021 10:50 am
randman2011 reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

In case it wasn't already known, I have added the Polls plugin / feature to the forum.  You all should be able to add a poll to a topic when you start one now.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 13, 2022 6:57 pm
Share: