Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Amateur Armrests

Page 3 / 6
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Hi Cyclehead. I  think it must be the salty air as I live around a mile from the beach. The black side strikers that my hardtop uses have these little white specs on them. Almost like lime or calcium deposits. I have not tasted them so I don't know if they are salty 🙂 .

Can you make little booties for my strikers?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 3:29 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Hahaha those are ADORABLE!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2019 6:15 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

It sounds like your strikers are corroding under the paint.   I’m sure I can stitch them up, it’s just the pattern that’s a pita.   

No promises, but I might give it a try.

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 26, 2019 6:24 pm
hello reacted
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Thanks. I'm guessing simple vinyl would be best. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2019 11:32 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Wow, tiny parts are truly a pain.  The needle nibbles at your fingertips on such small pieces.   I made ONE using fancy vinyl (ultraleather).  It’s stretchy in one direction, so I didn’t fiddle with velcro.  I don’t think they’d blow off, but who knows?

How badly do you want these little golf club cozies?

0BF46F59 EEEB 4B80 9CF7 55CAC91AB12C
3ADCEB44 D12D 4474 963B 4A0EFD9F6615
EE334B0E 93D2 435D 8715 88B9D6289606

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 28, 2019 4:50 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Well, I've had luck in the past using WD40, but not this time. It did nothing. I might have to break out some steel wool or sandpaper. Either way they need to be covered with some Rustoleum.  So to answer your question, I do kinda want them. I'll tie them down with some nylon thread.  And I do like your shoulder strap "protectors" !!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 29, 2019 1:14 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

If you like that one okay, then I’ll make one for the other side to match.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 29, 2019 10:38 am
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Sounds good. Just let me know when to pay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 29, 2019 2:54 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

@mrsponz

Right side is underway. 🙂

E9F69E5F 3BF6 4AE8 96F4 AC1EEED38487

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2019 5:02 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Mrsponz. They’re done and they’re yours.   No charge for prototypes.    I crammed some foam inside and they seem plenty tight to stay in place.     

FB45BE17 4443 4019 B525 49E7C49F674F

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2019 6:33 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

@cyclehead

They look awesome. Thanks. You may have a new product to offer Spyder folks. It might be popular with the folks who "don't need it but HAVE to have it"

You still have my ship to address? Let me know if you need a PM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2019 11:02 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

looks almost like a shift knob

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2019 12:47 pm
VintageSC
(@vintagesc)
Eminent Member

Paul, the leather armrest arrived today and looks fantastic! I am glad I can try it out on the long trip home with "Mellow Yellow". Thanks again!

2002 Mellow Yellow

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 5:33 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @vintagesc

Paul, the leather armrest arrived today and looks fantastic! I am glad I can try it out on the long trip home with "Mellow Yellow". Thanks again!

I'm glad you like it.  You got the "instant turnaround".  That armrest was ordered by another guy on the forum.  I sent him a message verifying he still wanted an armrest.  Then when I finished it about 4 days later - he disappeared.  Poof.    I hate taking money up front before I make parts, but I may have to change my process.  Regardless, his loss, your gain!  I hope you enjoy the armrest.    That leather on your armrests is just about the last of my "original" supply of aircraft surplus leather.   I bought a hide commercially last week and it's nice - but just not as nice as the aircraft quality stuff.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2019 9:35 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @mrsponz

@cyclehead

They look awesome. Thanks. You may have a new product to offer Spyder folks. It might be popular with the folks who "don't need it but HAVE to have it"

You still have my ship to address? Let me know if you need a PM.

Yeah, I need your mailing address.   Too many scraps of paper on my desk with screen names and email addresses!   Those little things are prototypes for sure.  I'm also pretty sure I don't want to make any more of them.  Yuck!   They're tiny little parts that don't reflect the time it takes to make them.  I think they're worth about what you're paying for them - nuttin' !  I hope they make you smile.   🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Page 3 / 6
Share: