Share:

Amateur Armrests  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Trusted Member

Are you sure the labor is even worth it? Removing old leather, attaching new leather... might be cheaper to get a made-in-China Superklasse OEM-style knob.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 10:52 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member

I’ve never tried covering a shift knob.   However I did see a YouTube video once.   It looks fairly tricky.   But I love learning new things!

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 1:09 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member
Posted by: hello

Not seeing any pictures. Potentially interested in a short armrest. Do you have a pic of what it looks like installed?

I’m still getting stuff transferred over from that “other” site.   Pics are coming....

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 1:11 pm
hello liked
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member

“Im very interested.  How much in the same material as the arm rests you made me.  

BTW the first thing that people comment on when they get in my car is your leather work and after that its the tachometer.   “

Im sure I have matching material,  though I’ve forgotten what I made for you.   Price is $25 for vinyl,  or $35 using leather or “ultra” fabrics.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 1:14 pm
Dev
 Dev
(@dev)
Dev, The one and only. Moderator
Posted by: cyclehead

“Im very interested.  How much in the same material as the arm rests you made me.  

BTW the first thing that people comment on when they get in my car is your leather work and after that its the tachometer.   “

Im sure I have matching material,  though I’ve forgotten what I made for you.   Price is $25 for vinyl,  or $35 using leather or “ultra” fabrics.

I will post a picture soon so you know the kind leather. Its the very smooth stuff that doesn't have grain.  What is your current wait time like.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 1:54 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member

Current wait times have degraded from "ridiculous" into "ludicrous".   I am trying to get things back on track.  On a bright note - I just had my seventh grandbaby yesterday!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 1:57 pm
NottaMiata
(@nottamiata)
Reputable Member

Current wait times have degraded from "ridiculous" into "ludicrous".   I am trying to get things back on track.  On a bright note - I just had my seventh grandbaby yesterday!

You should probably rest and stay off your feet for a few days then...

Congrats!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 2:12 pm
hello liked
Dev
 Dev
(@dev)
Dev, The one and only. Moderator

Congratulations Paul. Im in no rush at all. Actually I asked just incase you are ready to take my order now as Im tied up this month with a new project.

Finally someone that is more popular than I for being in demand.  I will post a picture of the leather  and just add me to the list and let it takes its course.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 2:15 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b Moderator

ludicrous speed!!!! 

congrats on the new addition to the family!!! speedy recovery for mom and baby

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 3:19 pm
hello liked
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member

Pictures of sample parts are finally loaded.

Links are in post #1.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 6 times by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 8:50 pm
hello liked
hello
(@hello)
Estimable Member

Really great work! The short armrest looks out of place lol. You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 10:31 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Eminent Member

Congratulations,  Grandpa Paul!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 11:04 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Trusted Member
Posted by: hello.  You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

I’ve never tried to stitch up a through-hole like that.  The pattern would be intricate.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 5:49 am
WilcoMR-S
(@wilcomr-s)
Trusted Member

That's some damn nice work. Sort of makes me wish I wasn't gutting most of my interior from my car.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 12:42 pm
hello
(@hello)
Estimable Member
Posted by: hello.  You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

I’ve never tried to stitch up a through-hole like that.  The pattern would be intricate.

I imagine it will be similar to a neckhole. I might try my hand at it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 12:47 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Close Menu

Working

Please Login or Register