turbo_jimbo's whore

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

turbo_jimbo's whore

(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

I spent most of April trying to have the car ready for a track day close to home. That didn't work, so less effort has been put into it lately.

New wheels, new tires, finally installed the roll bar, new brake pads and fluid, k swap, new fuel pump, big injectors, tillett carbon seat, reknown steering wheel, front splitter, new wang setup... and then my aem v1 got shorted out trying to figure out why it wasn't reading the o2 sensor.

AEM Infinty just showed up today, I got a wideband that should plug into the aem eliminating the wiring issue with the Honda o2 sensor and more accurate readings, the exhaust piping I thought I paid for last year has arrived, a 3.5 bar map sensor, and an AEM boost control solenoid is nib waiting to be installed along with all the other turbo goodies taking up lots of space.

I guess I can get my welder out and start working on the turbo side, but I want to make sure I can wrap my head around VE tuning with the infinity before I get too far ahead of myself. 

Hoping to make it to a track day with this thing this summer, and maybe even make it out East again to a dragon meet one day. 

IMG 5129
IMG 5132
IMG 5131
IMG 5218

Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 2:33 pm
LordTakuban reacted
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

forgot to mention, I have a 9lives bigger wang on the way to replace this old ebay special, and I'm trying to decide how to best make a flat bottom and rear diffuser setup as well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 2:35 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

So, t_j, what ya' doin' in your spare time 🤔 😶 😉 😉 

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 13, 2022 4:36 pm
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

watching my kids and keeping the pool clean until we can use it again. supposed to be about 100 here next week.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 13, 2022 6:11 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Aaaaahhhh, busy man! I'll take your 100(been there, done that) over my 100, any day.

Enjoy your kids while you can!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 14, 2022 10:35 am
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

I love the heat here. The more humid parts of the world aren't for me lol 

My youngest are almost 6 now, so it's always entertaining / loud. Luckily, we have enough yard space for them to play and a pool to cool off in.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2022 2:55 pm
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member
IMG 6871

Haven't had the ability to work on the spyder since knee surgery in September, but I was able to take my daughter for a drive on her birthday.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 30, 2023 2:58 pm
LordTakuban and dev reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

@turbo_jimbo Looks like life is good no matter what with the Spyder.  Beautiful shot of your ride and surrounding area.  Where is that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2023 9:08 pm
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

Thank you, sir!

It's a great car to just go enjoy every now and again. That was up at the scenic overlook in Red Rock Canyon (NV 159). It's different each season of the year, and there are wild burrows here too.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 6, 2023 2:38 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Share: