[Sticky] Submit your glamour shots!

Page 19 / 29
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @uncle-mush

It is truly a skilled artist who can make a photograph of a lens look sexy!  🙂 

It is amazing what can be accomplished/communicated with the right photograph -- even "bad environments" (to the untrained eye) can be captured in such a way as to build intrigue/interest when you have the right combination of the right equipment in the right hands. 

I remember years ago -- back in the prehistoric era of my high school days -- a fellow student who's interest was photography and how he took a picture of a cement picnic table on a cement slap and captured the shadows and angles in such a way as to make a very interesting photograph -- so interesting that I can still see it in my mind's-eye today.  You would never know it was a cement picnic table/slab from looking at the photo -- only that it was an interesting an beautiful photograph. 

After all of my experimentations with lenses and lighting I have come to the same truths. 

It is a combination of skill and equipment.  Sometimes there will be equipment that will hold you back. I felt the 2x3 framing from 35mm was holding me back. I now understand why Olympus owners were crazy about micro four thirds. 

Discovery of trying different things is panning for gold.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 5:17 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I finally got my dream lens. Canon 50L f1.2 but it has a focusing motor issue and has to be returned.

I was able to shoot some test shots with it before I packed it up to have it sent back. I am going to get another copy because this is exactly what I am after. This is not an accurate lens or even the sharpest and by most lens metrics this lens is suppose to suck. I have tried this lens competitors because at the time I believed the internet mesurbators and review sites were telling me so I could save some money and although those lenses were ultra sharp they lacked in one key area and that is feel. Feel is something that you cant measure but you know it when you see it. 

DSCF4790
DSCF4811
DSCF4829

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 10:43 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I finally found a car show nearby. I didn't stay for long but I got a few pictures with the 50L 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2021 1:19 pm
CSPIDY and marsrock7 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Interesting engine that was designed by Lotus. This was at a time when both GM and Toyota owned Lotus and worked together in partnership.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2021 3:55 pm
CSPIDY reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Two more. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2021 10:10 am
CSPIDY reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Nice black convertible.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2021 6:07 pm
CSPIDY and Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Last one of the series. I need to find more car shows. This is fun. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2021 3:24 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

You will be  surprised with what you will find if you do a Siri search on your phone.  I found a local museum I never knew existed a few miles from my house. Apparently it was the Quakers that settled my area and the general store was also a post office. The highest amount that you could ring up on the register was $9.00.  Unfortunately the museum has been turned into some kind of feminist art workshop with horrible art.  It is amazing to see your tax dollars are being spent on cat ladies rather than a heritage site.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2021 4:09 pm
CSPIDY reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Took the Mazda to its last autocross. Gonna wear these RE-71Rs out and go to more reasonable tires lol. But she did fantastic, much much better than expected.

S  29294601
S  29294598
IMG 20210821 171153
IMG 20210821 091931 2

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Where was the event held?   I didn't know you were autocrossing the Mazda.  How's your Spyder these days?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2021 10:08 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Where was the event held?   I didn't know you were autocrossing the Mazda.  How's your Spyder these days?

Sonoma Raceway! I try to attend every autocross event by TrackMasters Racing. They're great, for beginners and experts. A lot of Porsche owners attend these autocrosses. I highly recommend it.

The MR2 is great, gest driven at least once a week, often more. I'm not planning on autocrossing the Mazda again. I just got a great deal on RE-71Rs for the new wheels on the Mazda and couldn't resist taking it to autocross to see what it can do on good tires. Once they wear out I'm putting some reasonable daily tires on it. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2021 12:52 am
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I went to another car show. This one is in rural Maryland.  It was very somber. Everyone was very nice. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2021 3:59 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Here is my Fisheye.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 28, 2021 6:45 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Love this Fisheye lens. Its hard to compose but if its angled just right its stunning. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2021 12:10 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Velocity stacks 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2021 1:44 pm
Page 19 / 29