[Sticky] Submit your glamour shots!

Page 18 / 29
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
IMG 20201121 162502252 HDR
IMG 20210222 124405462 HDR PORTRAIT
IMG 20210204 090925

My Spyder has spent too much of the last year broken, but I've been thoroughly enjoying the daily. So this is what it's like to have torque...

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 11:05 am
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

@haloruler64 I know what you mean! My 1970 Olds 455 ci develops 500 ft-lbs at 3600 rpm. Talk about shock when I jump in my Spyder or S2000! Torque? Not so much but I still end up driving my Spyder or S2000 most of the time, though the Olds is fun in its own way.

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 3:51 pm
RIA
 RIA
(@ria)
Estimable Member

@dev very interesting observation about the progress of film technology dev! Regardless of who took that shot, its a good one. Ive found that when I get my exposures and development on point, you really cant tell the difference between my shots and shots on a modern digital unless you really know what to look for.

In other news, I still love shooting film but wanted something more instant because a lot of the photos i take now are for my clothing brand and i dont have time to develop it myself anymore. However, i still want the vibe of analog photography in all my shots. I ended up getting a lomo instant wide instax camera. (Basically polaroid). Ill post some pics up when i get the chance. Ive found that taking shots and then scanning them on my flatbed has been giving me really good results and i can mess around with leaving the edges of the slide in the frame and editing it onto different backgrounds for instagram and such.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 11:14 pm
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member
IMG 2588

My current fleet. Bad pic, but it was early morning before cars and coffee.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 1:29 am
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

[img] [/img]

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 5:39 am
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

[img] [/img]

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 5:39 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @ria

@dev very interesting observation about the progress of film technology dev! Regardless of who took that shot, its a good one. Ive found that when I get my exposures and development on point, you really cant tell the difference between my shots and shots on a modern digital unless you really know what to look for.

In other news, I still love shooting film but wanted something more instant because a lot of the photos i take now are for my clothing brand and i dont have time to develop it myself anymore. However, i still want the vibe of analog photography in all my shots. I ended up getting a lomo instant wide instax camera. (Basically polaroid). Ill post some pics up when i get the chance. Ive found that taking shots and then scanning them on my flatbed has been giving me really good results and i can mess around with leaving the edges of the slide in the frame and editing it onto different backgrounds for instagram and such.

Sony developed a sensor technology that mimics that organic film like look. Its called the Xtrans sensor and the only manufacture to use it is Fujifilm.  What I would do is try to find a used XT1 because out of all of the Xtrans sensors it has the most film like look.  Fujifilm pulled out of retirement the guys that engineered film in the 80s and 90s and made them work their color science to represent the various types of Fujifilm film styles to be applied.  Its not one of those stupid filters you see from other manufactures as they work with the sensor to give it a more genuine look of film.  My XT1  impresses me as it looks every bit as good as film as I remember it. 

For the future Fujifilm has teamed up with Panasonic to make the first organic sensors. These sensors are suppose to go beyond film as far have less of a digitized look with incredible dynamic range coming close to our eyeballs.  Panasonic already has a working sensor that they are testing. 

My Fujifilm medium format doesn't have the Xtrans type sensor because it would require a lot of battery power if they made one that big. Instead they use a Sony sensor that is just heaven with very large photo sites. It is an older sensor they use in other MF cameras  but they nailed it.  Combined with the right lenses and as long as I fill the frame the output is just amazing and goes beyond 35mm film when I see it on the screen but they say if I get the image printed that is when I will see how much better it actually is because screens are limiting. I do not want to upgrade to the new Fujifilm MF camera that uses the the new 100mp sensor because its starts looking a little too clinical.  I would rather have less megapixels for larger photo sites.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 9:19 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I was able to capture this photo of my younger niece last weekend.  Im very happy with this Canon 85L lens and the MF camera. A great combination that makes pictures pop.  Looking forward to touring some car shows this month. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2021 5:21 pm
Nelix reacted
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

[img] [/img]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2021 8:21 am
dev reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

OnePlus 9 Pro, built in collaboration with Hasselblad. Unbelievable macro capabilities. 

IMG 20210708 141221 2

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2021 9:31 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I picked up an older designed  lens from the 90s.  Canon EF 180mm F3.5L macro. This is a beast of a lens that is very hard to shoot with because of the very short depth of field so you need at least a monopod and even that is not enough.

Its also very heavy and large because it has so many elements in its construction including three UD elements. It has reach so you have working distance.  Im sill learning how to get the best out of it but  it completely demolishes the three other macro lenses I have previously owned. The image quality is unreal. 

I shot this yesterday against the sun where the petals were back lit. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2021 4:56 pm
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

[img] [/img]

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2021 6:42 am
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

My new Macro lens. This thing is very hard to use but the image quality is incredible. This was made during the film era and it is said that the old optics engineers who are all retired knew how to design lenses compared to all of these computer aided designs to meet certain metrics which ends up sterilizing images.  I have a feeling these older Canon lenses will go up in value. 

IMG 0001

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 14, 2021 1:57 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I am waiting on a macro diffuser from Slovakia but in the meantime I bought a cheap one that fits on top of the lens to diffuse my speed light.  

These are two new macro shots for a lens I am selling.  The lens pictured has a 15 blade aperture where most lenses have 8 which makes this lens unusual because its very hard to make but they did it because it makes a near perfect circle.  The lens is sought after but its just not the kind of rendering I like because its too smooth therefore it has to go to finance another lens. 

Here is the Canon 180mm macro doing its thing. I should have bought this lens 10 years ago (not the pictured lens) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 9:02 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

It is truly a skilled artist who can make a photograph of a lens look sexy!  🙂 

It is amazing what can be accomplished/communicated with the right photograph -- even "bad environments" (to the untrained eye) can be captured in such a way as to build intrigue/interest when you have the right combination of the right equipment in the right hands. 

I remember years ago -- back in the prehistoric era of my high school days -- a fellow student who's interest was photography and how he took a picture of a cement picnic table on a cement slap and captured the shadows and angles in such a way as to make a very interesting photograph -- so interesting that I can still see it in my mind's-eye today.  You would never know it was a cement picnic table/slab from looking at the photo -- only that it was an interesting an beautiful photograph. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 21, 2021 4:56 pm
dev reacted
Page 18 / 29
Share: