Haloruler64's 2000 ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Haloruler64's 2000 MR2 Spyder build thread

Page 5 / 6
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

Just thought of this, I've had issues with rebuilt axles not seating correctly or the wrong / missing ring to be read by the wheel speed sensor too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 3:10 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I also did not disconnect it haha. I don't even know where the connector is! Just pulled the 10mm bolt out and pulled the sensor out of the knuckle. I'll look deeper into it when I have a chance, been a crazy crazy time at work and I'm even working weekends. Plus the car is driveable and a hoot, and frankly the Mazda with an exhaust is a lot of fun too.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 19, 2021 8:32 pm
turbo_jimbo reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Finally getting her roadworthy. Immediately after an alignment a toe arm started knocking and I finally had time to install this set of Battle Version toe arms. Getting another alignment soon.

IMG 20210523 210409

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 24, 2021 12:29 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I know you have been enjoying your Mazda, but how long has it been since you had the Spyder on the road?  Miss it?

Also . . . any word on a Nor-Cal Spyder meet this year or is COVID affecting this tradition yet another year?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2021 4:46 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

I know you have been enjoying your Mazda, but how long has it been since you had the Spyder on the road?  Miss it?

Also . . . any word on a Nor-Cal Spyder meet this year or is COVID affecting this tradition yet another year?

I've been enjoying the Mazda as a daily driver, but don't get me wrong, I dearly miss the MR2. I just took it for a test drive and I couldn't stop grinning, even though I couldn't go far as the alignment is way off. I think in the last year, it's been on the road less than ten times. Very sad. I've just been swamped with work and personal things... and these days, being swamped with work is not something to complain about! 

A lot of us are now freshly vaxxed so I think a small MR2 meet would be awesome. We just hesitate to make it public because a huge crowd may not be what a lot of us want right now. But I will be SURE to keep you updated. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 24, 2021 11:37 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

thanks for keeping me posted if one will happen.  Much appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2021 12:42 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

A lot has happened in eight months. The Mazda is gone, totaled. The MR2 is now the daily. All six rear suspension arms are now Battle Version. I gave her a full two step polish and seal, the paint gleams. The bolts holding the passenger side axle to the axle carrier came loose and fell out, and the axle popped out while driving and dumped all the gear oil all over the road. Had to fix her on the side of the road with a vise grip holding the axle together. The front bumper got pulled partially off in the garage when it got caught on an extension cord, cracking even more paint off. It's been a rough month. I passed 155k miles. 2022 is the year I return to the track. 

IMG 20211225 161920 2

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2022 1:40 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

@haloruler64 

Wow!  That is a rough 8 months!  I so appreciate your mechanical acumen to be able to make a repair on the fly using vice grips to get you home.  That's pretty amazing!  Here's hoping 2022 is a whole lot better to you than 2021 was!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2022 9:30 pm
haloruler64 reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Thanks Uncle Mush, hope things calm down enough to have a nice BBQ soon!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 29, 2022 5:01 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @haloruler64

Thanks Uncle Mush, hope things calm down enough to have a nice BBQ soon!

Agreed!  That would be quite a relief from all the covid stuff for the last 2 yeas!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2022 10:59 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Hey guys. I have a bi-annual update but... I can't figure out how to post photos? Clicking "Choose File" chooses the file but doesn't actually add it to the post. 

But it's been a VERY eventful 6 months, so check out my posts on Spyderchat in the meantime. I'll post them here as soon as I figure out the photo thing. There are some AMAZING photos in here! https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/haloruler64s-new-toyota-mr2.70818/page-60#post-2183704

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2022 11:42 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

If you're looking for an awesome polish, check out The Last Cut. It's a diminishing essentially one step polish I used on my MR2 on a regular foam pad. Worked great on taking out substantial imperfections while also finishing so well I think I wasted my time on the M205 Ultra Finishing Polish step. Didn't even see a difference, especially since my paint isn't great. https://tldproducts.com/collections/compound/products/the-last-cut-16-oz

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 22, 2022 12:06 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thanks for posting the link to the photos over at AdChat.  Sounds like you continue to have fun with your Spyder.  Lisa and I just purchased (a couple of months ago) the hybrid version of the Venza and are thoroughly enjoying it.  Did you use a DA with "The Last Cut" or just apply it by hand with a foam pad?  I took a look at the link you provided and was wondering.  It was great to see pictures of your spyder and catch-up on all that you have been doing to enjoy it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2022 9:55 am
haloruler64 reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @haloruler64

Hey guys. I have a bi-annual update but... I can't figure out how to post photos? Clicking "Choose File" chooses the file but doesn't actually add it to the post. 

But it's been a VERY eventful 6 months, so check out my posts on Spyderchat in the meantime. I'll post them here as soon as I figure out the photo thing. There are some AMAZING photos in here! https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/haloruler64s-new-toyota-mr2.70818/page-60#post-2183704

You should be able to just drag and drop them into the post when writing it.  Generally, the photos show up where the cursor is located at the time you attach them.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2022 10:38 am
haloruler64 reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Thanks LT. I'll have to try to recreate the posts here in a bit. 

Uncle Mush that's awesome! Did you get that fancy sunroof that goes frosted? 

I used a DA polisher. A cheap Porter Cable with a 5" backing pad.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 23, 2022 1:21 am
Page 5 / 6
Share: