Superpro Bushings

Page 2 / 2
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @dev

@kamlung

You can also drill multiple holes in the bushing to loosen it up.  Most of the time a second attempt with a new bolt does the trick.

i'll try that too... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2019 12:05 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @kamlung

i bought your tool 5 yrs ago dev but mine was seized in there causing the tool to bent... i never thought to reach out to you to ask for replacement part numbers to try again.  now that i have a scissor lift, i can get the car higher and more leverage maybe busting it out... i would like to do the rears too 

Off topic but what scissor lift did you get? I have been looking at getting one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2019 1:17 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @haloruler64

Can confirm, great tool, great Dev, tool snapped on me when trying to get a bushing out. Bought a replacement part (again thanks to Dev for providing a part number from a hardware store), finished the job. Did have to use a press to get that one stubborn bushing out, but the rest went far smoothly. No clue why that one gave me so much trouble.

If it was for the one on the hub you can cut the case completely.  Then just deform the case using a small screwdriver and tap it out.  These bushings is like having to do a jail break with hacksawing a lock with a file but it's doable and  better than removing the hub and having it sent out.  Just takes a little patience and perseverance.  

It was in the trailing arm, actually. The knuckle one was a HUGE pain but not the bushing, the case like you said. One of the bushings in the arm was awful and broke the tool. Had to press it out with my friend's press after struggling. The other one went smoothly. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2019 7:42 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Can confirm, great tool, great Dev, tool snapped on me when trying to get a bushing out. Bought a replacement part (again thanks to Dev for providing a part number from a hardware store), finished the job. Did have to use a press to get that one stubborn bushing out, but the rest went far smoothly. No clue why that one gave me so much trouble.

If it was for the one on the hub you can cut the case completely.  Then just deform the case using a small screwdriver and tap it out.  These bushings is like having to do a jail break with hacksawing a lock with a file but it's doable and  better than removing the hub and having it sent out.  Just takes a little patience and perseverance.  

It was in the trailing arm, actually. The knuckle one was a HUGE pain but not the bushing, the case like you said. One of the bushings in the arm was awful and broke the tool. Had to press it out with my friend's press after struggling. The other one went smoothly. 

The age of this car is probably showing. The UK guys has a very hard time with just the spool bushing for the front control arm. They had to use plenty of lubricant and another rod.  

For something like this I would just cut though the case and just tap it out with a punch and a hammer, its much easier. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2019 7:55 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @wilcomr-s
Posted by: @kamlung

i bought your tool 5 yrs ago dev but mine was seized in there causing the tool to bent... i never thought to reach out to you to ask for replacement part numbers to try again.  now that i have a scissor lift, i can get the car higher and more leverage maybe busting it out... i would like to do the rears too 

Off topic but what scissor lift did you get? I have been looking at getting one.

it's a snap on rebranded wheeltronics scissor lift... 

https://www.snaponequipment.com/productinfo/models.asp?category=lr&brand=Snap-on&model=EELR338A  

i wanted a 4 post lift so i could store the spyder on top and the caddy under it but i didn't have enough ceiling height... this is a great tool for 95% of the work that i do on cars (fluid changes, tire rotations, brakes, etc)  obviously since it is a mid rise lift you can't do any work on the middle of the car like exhaust work... 

one other thing to consider too, because i wanted maximum ceiling height, i changed my garage door opener to a jackshaft liftmaster that mounts on the torsion bar... that way you don't have the rail and the garage door opener above the car when you lift it... because the spyder is so short, i can pull it in backwards and lift it to top lock 48" and still get the garage door open... 

QZDE3335[1]
XLGV0582[1]
XANO0912[1]

This post was modified 5 years ago 3 times by KaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2019 10:10 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I have a similar lift by Revolution which is likely a copy of the same design that yours is a copy of.  I guess if it works....  It's not easy to do things in the middle of the car, but corner work and front and rear are great.

Also, this thread reminded me.  I can carry SuperPro bushings.  I haven't ordered any from my distributor since I didn't know if there was a real market for them.  But if people are interested, let me know.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2019 1:33 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @lordtakuban

I have a similar lift by Revolution which is likely a copy of the same design that yours is a copy of.  I guess if it works....  It's not easy to do things in the middle of the car, but corner work and front and rear are great.

Also, this thread reminded me.  I can carry SuperPro bushings.  I haven't ordered any from my distributor since I didn't know if there was a real market for them.  But if people are interested, let me know.

i'd be interested in a set for the rear.  the only replaceable front bushing is the one dev sold with his tool right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2019 2:11 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @lordtakuban

and here is the bendpak version

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/mid-rise-scissor-lifts/md-6xp/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2019 2:13 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

@kamlung

You can replace the other one also which I call the big bushing but not using the tool however the DVD shows you how to remove and replace that bushing.  The smaller bushing I call the spool bushing which the tool removes and replaces.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2019 2:45 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: