Notifications
Clear all

Sportivo shocks fitted!

Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

The Sportivo legs are under!!

Though the specs mention 20 mm lower that is not the whole story:

The OEM rear springs are about 50% stiffer than the front ones. The Sportivo rears are 100% stiffer. The fronts are about 35% stiffer than stock, the rear 65%. This makes that the front drops more than the rear and the car has a bit more rake.

I was expecting an improvement but it was a positive surprse nonetheless. A gf whom was along for the 100km drive to the coast and back new nothing about any change and asked whether I had done something: ´it feels more stabel and comfortable´ without noticing we were cornering faster. Well, more ´objective´ it does not come without méasuring.

So, as I already have the dog bones fitted, now for stiffer sway bars. Ordered a set of Whitelines as those can be set to the same stiffnes front/rear as those in the Sportive kit but unlike the Sportivo ones can be adjusted. The wait begins as there was no stock. Well, ´wait´ between brackets as I will use the time having great fun getting accustomed to the current set up.

Topic starter Posted : October 26, 2020 1:38 pm
T-bone reacted
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Had a bit of luck. Bought a set of TRD rear control arm braces. They triangualte the support points of the arms and are, in slightly different form, standard per 04.

One of those lightweight reinforcements that wórk and not weigh the car down.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 27, 2020 6:22 pm
marsrock7 reacted
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

The difference in handling and roadholding is áwesome btw.

The front end gives me lots more confidence and the rear more easy to control. Came back home from gf early this morning and the region is on hard lock down now; so I amconfined to the municipality. As I was aware of the impeding rules, took a minor detour through the mountains to enjoy some sideways galore 😎 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 29, 2020 1:10 pm
Share: