Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sportivo coilover kit

Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Have bought a used Sportivo coilover set in good order.

Does anyone have factory (TRD)  brochure info about it? Would help get it past periodic inspection.

Thanks,

Petrus

Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 6:42 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

From what I remember, it was a mild improvement and only dealt with suspension.  It did not significantly lower the car much, but it did make nice tweaks in all the right places.  TRD designed setups are very well thought out and are meant to be able to be driven on regular roads even if they have to add the "for offroad use only" disclaimer due to licensing.  I seriously doubt the parts would fail any inspection.  But I don't know how aggressive the inspectors are.

One other thing though... a real TRD Sportivo kit is probably expensive if new.  So, if you found a good deal on one, you should probably jump on it.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 8:58 am
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Not much lower, not much stiffer but better quality and even better sorted out; what more could you want?!

A very good deal imo so júmped and they are under way.

The periodic inspection over here is a major pita. If I can in aný way provide docs that it´s a Toyota accessory I will have no issue at all but a mere whíff of ´not for road´ will see me packing. It is just to be sure; the white lettering on the shocks will probably be enough.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2020 10:08 am
Share: