Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Here We Go Again... Wheel and Tire List

joluthgo_2
(@joluthgo_2)
Eminent Member

Figured we can start another rolling list of wheel/tire combos just so that we have a resource people can use and build upon. The following format is preferred:

Wheel Size: 16x8 +35 offset wheels. Advanti Storm S1

Tire Size: 205/45/r16 on all 4 corners. Continental ExtremeContact Ultra High Performance All Season tires. 560 treadwear rating.

Β 

My Opinion: Great for daily driving, grips MUCH better than I'd expect from a 560tw tire, absolutely crushes it in light snow and rain, but for raw dry performance it's definitely no UHP Summer tire....

Looks great imo, went with 16 for the fitment and to turn lower freeway rpms. Also because at some point I'll go turbo and the 16" diameter won't bother me. As it stands now, I do recommend avoiding 16 wheels on stock power. You'll notice the differenceΒ 

Little to no rubbing, and I'm also lowered about 1.5"-2" on coilovers

Β 

This topic was modified 5 years ago by joluthgo_2

RALEIGH, NC
125k miles, Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers (4k/6k), Hard Top, 6spd w/ LSD, TTE Exhaust, TTE Spoiler, TTE Roll Bar
Advanti Storm S1 wheels in 16x8 with 205/45/r16 Continental ExtremeContact UHP All-Seasons

Topic starter Posted : June 22, 2019 3:15 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 10:57 am
joluthgo_2
(@joluthgo_2)
Eminent Member
Posted by: NottaMiata

And you don't squat a rear wheel or bounce back and forth coming out of hard turns?

Nope. They're 205/45 on an 8" wide wheel so there's just a little bit of stretch and the sidewalls are quite stiff.

How much stiffer than stock is your suspension, roughly?

My coilovers are 4k/6k spring rate, they're the fortune autos so the valving is pretty good. Nice and firm but not harsh. The weak point rn is definitely the tires, as my suspension has been heavily modified. Swaybars, uprated endlinks, coils, all poly bushings, chassis bracing. The over/understeer balance is absolutely PERFECT right now with all 4 corners breaking at about the same time, with just a TAD more oversteer than understeer, which is how I like it.

No tramlining?

Negative. They make great highway / daily tires.

How is the ride?

Just a smidge harsher than stock tire sizes due to the small and stiff sidewall. I was expecting the ride quality to diminish more than it actually did, so I was happy when I was wrong.

If you were to rate UHP summer tires' dry grip as a 10 out of 10, how would you rate the dry grip on these?

Unfortunately I've only driven on 200tw tires once, and it was on a spyder with almost stock suspension so it's really hard to compare:(

I can tell you than for daily driving I'm not at all disappointed and I have a tendency to really attack the corners hard. The only time I'm left wishing for more is during autox and you can REALLY notice the difference in autoxΒ 

Β 

Β 

RALEIGH, NC
125k miles, Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers (4k/6k), Hard Top, 6spd w/ LSD, TTE Exhaust, TTE Spoiler, TTE Roll Bar
Advanti Storm S1 wheels in 16x8 with 205/45/r16 Continental ExtremeContact UHP All-Seasons

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2019 3:27 pm
(@slbit)

I was surprised that you were not getting any rub with a 35 off set, lowered 1.5+ inches and with a 205/45-16. Then I looked up the tire specs and saw the Conti has a tread width of 6.8 inches compared to something like the S-Drive with a 7.4 inch tread width. That explains how you managed it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 1:57 pm
Lostpilot28
(@lostpilot28)

Here's my setup.

Wheel Size: 15x9 +35 offset wheels. Advanti Storm S1

Tire Size: 245/40/r15 on all 4 corners.Β  BFG Rival-S 1.5's.Β 

I have zero rubbing.Β  I'm on Ceiko coilovers with -3.9 degrees Camber in the front and -3.6 in the back.Β  I'm also using 5mm spacers, but that's because I have 2-dot crash bolts in both strut holes and without spacers I would rub.

30March2019a
This post was modified 5 years ago by Lostpilot28

2003 MR2 Spyder
SCCA STR class build
Camcon tune, full exhaust, CAI
Ceiko coilovers (8k / 10k)
15x9 wheels, BFG Rival S 1.5's
Corbeau Race seats
2,120 lbs ready to race

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2019 10:17 am
Share: