Clear all

Chassis mods

Page 2 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @haloruler64

That design is not for any specific Spyder reason, it's a universal design they make for a bunch of cars. Their product lineup is a huge mixed bag, some great stuff that's well engineered and some crap. Much like a lot of well respected JDM companies. 

That is true of any company but at one time there was this mystic about anything JDM even if its crap.  I knew a local member that went out of his way to keep all of his bracing Cusco. He felt that was important to him having matching sets even though no one would see it. 

Im a little more functional when it comes to mixing and matching except for tires. 

As far as Japanese manufacturing and assembly I would rather have my camera and lenses from Japan and I would pay a premium for it because I do believe next to the Swiss the Japanese skilled worker is the best in the world but for stuff like bracing it can be made in China with some work arounds if the price is right. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2020 11:10 am
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dev

I do believe next to the Swiss the Japanese skilled worker is the best in the world

Agreed.  I wear Citizen watches exclusively for that reason.

https://gearpatrol.com/2016/05/31/citizen-watches-factory-tour/

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2020 2:56 pm
dev reacted
Refirendum
(@refirendum)
Trusted Member

cusco is meh to me.

front strut bar that isn't TRD?
Okuyama Carbing. expensive but no hinges.

03 spyder

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2020 10:15 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

My sentence "Much like a lot of well respected JDM companies." should have been "Much like a lot of well respected JDM car accessory companies." Bracing doesn't require precision engineering like lenses or watches. 

Outside of car accessories of course Japanese manufacturing often has its benefits.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2020 10:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: