Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Passenger Side Motor Mount (RH)

(@dooderek)

Has anyone messed with the Passenger Side Motor mount? I was window weld'ing my mounts last weekend too see how tolerable the increased NVH will be on the spyder and it doesn't seem like theres any real way to modify the RH Passenger Side Motor mount. Also anyone with Kirk inserts is there one for that side?

Topic starter Posted : October 14, 2019 10:32 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I did a window weld passenger side mount a long time ago. You have to cut the bottom bladder and remove all of the fluid. In addition to this it needs to be clean so I submerged the mount in detergent for a few days and had to have it spotless otherwise the window weld will detach if they are not done right. 

In the end the mount made it much harsher but I was ok with it and I imagine 90% of the owners would hate it.  The benefits of having the passenger side mount and the transmission mounts tighter is for more solid shifting.  Also it acts like a brace which gives the car a better feel. 

I eventually replaced the two side bushings with Innovate urethane mounts and sold the 3M weld mounts to another owner who is enjoying them.  If I had to do it again I wouldn't because it was a lot of work to prepare the mounts for the window weld and if not done right they will fail.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2019 11:12 am
(@dooderek)

@dev

Ok cool thanks!

Yeah I was wondering what to do with it, I was working my way from the top but didnt think to cut the bottom. Thank you much!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 14, 2019 11:59 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I wouldn't cut the rubber plug that is in the mount. keep that in there as that is what sports the mount.  The window weld should be filled up on the bottom and reinforce the plug.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2019 12:29 pm
Share: