Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Another Coolant Question...

(@bimmer-bob)
Eminent Member

So I recently ordered some red Long Life Coolant for my 2003 Spyder. I placed an order today for a second gallon because I didn't think one would be enough, only this time I supplied my VIN with the order and the parts counter just emailed me and said that my car called for the pink Super Long Life Coolant and did I want to change my order? Now, I was under the impression that the SLLC was not available until 2004, so how could my 2003 have been factory filled with it. When I look into the overflow reservoir, it looks pretty darn pink, but I assumed that maybe the red stuff turned pink once diluted. Thoughts?

Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2020 3:09 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @bimmer-bob

So I recently ordered some red Long Life Coolant for my 2003 Spyder. I placed an order today for a second gallon because I didn't think one would be enough, only this time I supplied my VIN with the order and the parts counter just emailed me and said that my car called for the pink Super Long Life Coolant and did I want to change my order? Now, I was under the impression that the SLLC was not available until 2004, so how could my 2003 have been factory filled with it. When I look into the overflow reservoir, it looks pretty darn pink, but I assumed that maybe the red stuff turned pink once diluted. Thoughts?

Very well possible what you think is pink is actually red diluted. The pink coolant has a candy pink color.   

Either way if you plan to do a flush I would stick to red. It is reported that it might be better but its only anecdotal. They are both compatible with each other so if there is any left over in the system you should be fine. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 3:29 pm
ISpy reacted
Share: