Share:
Notifications
Clear all

7000lb capacity lift on sale

(@hello)
Reputable Member

homedepot.com/p/QuickJack-BL-7000SLX-7-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Car-Lift-BL-7000SLX-AC-110V/309646718

Thoughts?

Topic starter Posted : August 13, 2019 7:34 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

It doesn't state how high it raises the car.  Going by the pic, driving onto ramps gets me car about the same height and the ramps only cost $25-30. Once on the ramps, I can lift the other end with my floor jack, and place it on jack stands. If that jack can't get the carat least 2', if not 3-4' off the floor, imo, it's not worth it. AND, I'd still want jack stands, and there appears to be no room. Now, if I'm removing wheels/tires, I floor jack one end, then the other, placing stands when each end is up. This opinion is based on the pics on the site. The jack-s may do the job.

I wish I could afford a 2 poster, but there is a DIY garage on the North East side of Indy that charges $20 hour...not a bad deal, just gotta drive 'crosstown to get there.

I think cyclehead has something similar to what you posted.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 8:07 pm
hello reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Why, thanks for asking!    I bought this one for $1400 from China.  It came to me on a very slow boat.  Add shipping, concrete work, and about 8 months of waiting, and ... ta da!

4E237156 158E 4591 B789 15A7465A97E2
5F05AA8A 97EF 49E3 B61C 330044C22EC1
60384C12 4CFD 4FBF A09B 049C108FE578

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 9:48 pm
hello and Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Now, THAT'S a lift! I saw the pics of the install, but never of them extended!

Are planning on making covers for the open areas, just so you don't break a leg!!!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 9:50 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Not a bad deal if you can't do the concrete work or don't have the clearance to put a larger unit in your garage.

It won't lift up very high but at least you can access the middle. Designed more for light maintenance I assume

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 11:19 am
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

Thanks 😠 , just what I did not needJack Envy!

That is the slickest home garage lift I have ever seen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 11:25 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

I dont envy the jack as much as the DEDICATION.

No, I admire the dedication, not envy.

But i do envy the jack.

And the garage.

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 5:59 pm
hello reacted
(@suoiruc)
Trusted Member

@cyclehead

That’s pretty cool, Paul.

Been thinking about getting one for years, just haven’t been able to pull the trigger on it. That’s a good price!

I need to buy three of three of these so I can keep the damn pack rats out of my cars. They invaded two of my vehicles this week. I actually put my wrecked car up in the air about three feet the other day to see if that’ll keep them out.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2019 4:52 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @wilcomr-s

Not a bad deal if you can't do the concrete work or don't have the clearance to put a larger unit in your garage.

It won't lift up very high but at least you can access the middle. Designed more for light maintenance I assume

It’s rated for 8000 lbs, and allows good access for working on suspension, engine, transmission.   But it’s pricy when you add in shipping cost ( the way I did it$&@) and hire out the concrete work.    I was skeptical of Chinese handling all the import paperwork properly, so I hired an “importer” outfit to do all that for me.

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2019 5:47 am
Share: