Alright boys, thoug...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Alright boys, thoughts on Crower Stage 2 cams and E-Manage Ultimate?

haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Yes, I want to either turbo or 2AR swap the car. But for now, I want to get a little more out of the little 1ZZ. I'm planning to potentially get Crower Stage 2 cams, upgraded valve springs, MWR titanium retainers, and run my E-Manage Ultimate. A good tune and a raised redline to 7500-7600 or so should give me a nice boost in high end. I am aware it'll be a big investment into not much power, but it sounds fun. Plus I already have the EMU.

Thoughts on the plan?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

Topic starter Posted : October 26, 2022 1:56 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I know nothing of the things you spoke of, but am ready to watch your build thread.  😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2022 9:45 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @uncle-mush

I know nothing of the things you spoke of, but am ready to watch your build thread.  😀 

What he said.  hahaha.

However, rather than going with a piggyback like an eManage, why not go PFC or one of the newer stand-alone options?  There are a lot of us still that have PFC's for the 1ZZ and use Kevin's CoPilot software for tuning.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2022 12:54 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Isn't the PFC very archaic? The E-Manage Ultimate seems like a more powerful option.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 27, 2022 3:59 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

PFC is a full stand-alone ECU.  It completely replaces the stock computer.  all of the E-Manage are piggyback solutions that will constantly need re-tuning because the ECU will be trying to correct for what it's doing.  I've heard good things about the Hydra Nemesis and some other newer options.  But those are all stand-alone ECUs as well, and I'm not sure which tuning options there are.

The PFC does not use a MAP sensor and does not have a way to do things based on boost.  So the newer options may work better there.  But PFC is definitely a better option than an e-manage as far as capabilities.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2022 1:34 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Thanks LT, I'll take all that into consideration! Keep in mind that this is al being done on a budget, so a Hydra Nemesis is out because... well $1600. PFC and the E-Manage Ultimate I got for real cheap are the top contenders.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 28, 2022 4:00 am
LordTakuban reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Yep.  Availability and budget sometimes drive the project.  e-manage is definitely better than NO Manage.  hahaha.  I do know that I'll be tuning my PFC once my car is back together agian, so I may be actively posting info / questions about that.  And Galo is using one as well as someone else on the site, IIRC.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2022 10:03 am
haloruler64 reacted
Share: