Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Amateur Armrests

Page 2 / 6
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Are you sure the labor is even worth it? Removing old leather, attaching new leather... might be cheaper to get a made-in-China Superklasse OEM-style knob.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 10:52 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Parking Brake Lever Covers:

This cover "slides" over the parking brake handle to add a little class, and (if you like) add a little color to the interior.  I size them to them fit tightly, so installation will require some effort.  

Installation:  Installation does not require removal of the console plastics.   For leather covers, you can lube up the plastic handle with some leather treatment like Lexol.  It should help the leather slide over the plastic, then absorb into the leather.  The vinyl covers seem to slide on more easily.  There is a small lip of leather/vinyl just inside the cover, at the end near the parking brake pushbutton.  Use a small screwdriver to help ease the lip over the end of the brake lever.  The aft end of the cover will be provided with some double stick tape.  It will keep the back of the cover pressed down (inside the console) in case anyone ever looks in there!  You should wipe off the plastic cover in that area using some spray detergent like 409 or "super clean" to make sure the tape sticks well.

BFE05B26 C813 4BBC 8CE5 173F544B4084
IMG 0628
IMG 0605

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 1:09 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: hello

Not seeing any pictures. Potentially interested in a short armrest. Do you have a pic of what it looks like installed?

I’m still getting stuff transferred over from that “other” site.   Pics are coming....

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 1:11 pm
hello reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

“Im very interested.  How much in the same material as the arm rests you made me.  

BTW the first thing that people comment on when they get in my car is your leather work and after that its the tachometer.   “

Im sure I have matching material,  though I’ve forgotten what I made for you.   Price is $25 for vinyl,  or $35 using leather or “ultra” fabrics.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 1:14 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: cyclehead

“Im very interested.  How much in the same material as the arm rests you made me.  

BTW the first thing that people comment on when they get in my car is your leather work and after that its the tachometer.   “

Im sure I have matching material,  though I’ve forgotten what I made for you.   Price is $25 for vinyl,  or $35 using leather or “ultra” fabrics.

I will post a picture soon so you know the kind leather. Its the very smooth stuff that doesn't have grain.  What is your current wait time like.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 1:54 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Current wait times have degraded from "ridiculous" into "ludicrous".   I am trying to get things back on track.  On a bright note - I just had my seventh grandbaby yesterday!

This post was modified 5 years ago by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 1:57 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 2:12 pm
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Current wait times have degraded from "ridiculous" into "ludicrous".   I am trying to get things back on track.  On a bright note - I just had my seventh grandbaby yesterday!

Congratulations Paul. Im in no rush at all. Actually I asked just incase you are ready to take my order now as Im tied up this month with a new project.

Finally someone that is more popular than I for being in demand.  I will post a picture of the leather  and just add me to the list and let it takes its course.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 2:15 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

ludicrous speed!!!! 

congrats on the new addition to the family!!! speedy recovery for mom and baby

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 3:19 pm
hello reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Pictures of sample parts are finally loaded.

Links are in post #1.

This post was modified 5 years ago 6 times by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2019 8:50 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Really great work! The short armrest looks out of place lol. You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 10:31 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Congratulations,  Grandpa Paul!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2019 11:04 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: hello.  You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

I’ve never tried to stitch up a through-hole like that.  The pattern would be intricate.

This post was modified 5 years ago by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 12, 2019 5:49 am
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

That's some damn nice work. Sort of makes me wish I wasn't gutting most of my interior from my car.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2019 12:42 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: hello.  You think you can make a long one but leave an opening for the cupholder?

I’ve never tried to stitch up a through-hole like that.  The pattern would be intricate.

I imagine it will be similar to a neckhole. I might try my hand at it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2019 12:47 pm
Page 2 / 6
Share: