WTB: De-Dimplator f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WTB: De-Dimplator front bumper cover attachment

(@scrmnchkn)
Eminent Member

Any of these sitting around on a shelf somewhere after a bumper cover replacement? If so, I'm your guy!

Topic starter Posted : May 28, 2020 1:31 pm
OldMan
(@oldman)

Try:

www.keytechniques.net

What is the politically correct term for "euphemism"?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 29, 2020 7:54 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Unfortunately I no longer sell them. The jig that was used to make them was lost during the transition. They were a real pain to make and in a way Im happy to be done with them. Someone should pick this up as I have had many requests for them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 29, 2020 9:56 am
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Couldn't you just cut your own out of ABS plastic? Granted I am drastically over simplifying things.

I still bought one for my last Spyder

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 29, 2020 11:00 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @wilcomr-s

Couldn't you just cut your own out of ABS plastic? Granted I am drastically over simplifying things.

I still bought one for my last Spyder

You need to use a zip router on a wooden jig in the exact shape to cut it out off plastic otherwise it will take forever to approximate. It is a two person operation even with clamps otherwise if it slips a little it will be off. After that you will have to shape the edges to fit. If you are a little off it will not fit. Next you need to sand down the piece well to even it out before paint. Just too much work and it would take more time. Im sure someone else could make it easier to be profitable to gain interest but I cant.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 29, 2020 11:21 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@scrmnchkn)
Eminent Member

Fingers crossed someone here has an extra one after a body kit install. 🙃 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 29, 2020 12:36 pm
Share: