Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] FS: Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 tires 195/55/15

KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

Complete set of winter tires with a pair at 9/32 and the other pair at 10/32. Still a lot of life left for these ready to go before winter.  $150 OBO

This topic was modified 5 years ago by KaM
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 10:49 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

What are their manu dates? My X-Ice Xi3's(same sizes as yours) are only 2 Winters old, '17-18, '18-19, and their manu date is sometime in '17...but one never knows...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Posted : June 23, 2019 10:16 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

ill have to check... 

Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2019 8:45 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

Posted : June 24, 2019 8:53 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

its a 15 square setup... 

Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2019 9:58 am
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Shipping? Your general location?

OE square 15s are 205 50 and 185 55.  I guess they are snow tires so handling is reasonably moot.

Simply curious... whats that mark in the sidewall above  the WS60 in photo 1? 

Posted : June 24, 2019 11:22 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: ISpy

OE square 15s are 205 50 and 185 55.  I guess they are snow tires so handling is reasonably moot.

BOLD; On roads not covered with snow or ice, the handling is "softer", but still somewhat sporty...not present day hp tire sporty, but sporty. I had Pirelli P7's on my Cosworth/Vega in '82. The Blizzies felt similar to the P7's...yes, I have a good memory, especially when it comes to my cars 😀 

If you're going to drive in Wintry conditions, by all means, get these or something similar/equal. My Michelins are just as good as my Blizzies were.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Posted : June 24, 2019 4:11 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: ISpy

i was under the understanding that a square setup means that it's the same size front and back 195/55 on all four corners... what you stated above is the correct OEM size, but the 205/50 and 185/55 isn't square, that's called staggered... my past experience of snow tires in the NY/NJ area is that you want a narrower wheel and taller sidewall to cut into the snow... it's counter to contact patch of rubber to the asphalt... 

that is the shadow of the rubber hair on the sidewall... you know the stubble when you have new tires...  

shipping might kill the deal for the buyer on this... i can certainly get you a quote if you would like... 

This post was modified 5 years ago by KaM
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2019 9:15 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 25, 2019 1:17 pm
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Yes on all counts. I am traveling and my reception has been horrible. My  phone is disturbingly slow and inaccurate. This typing program is a little more challenging inserting edits differently than one might expect and to add to the fun is the airport lines to test my patience. What results is incomplete statements like the one I typed. "OE square 15" was an incomplete reference to 2000-2002 versus the staggered 15/16. Then with using 195 versus  the summer tire OE stagger. Many apologies.  I was trying to provide the sizing for reference and also ask if the 195s vs width sizing staggering would have an effect on performance. Not that performance is as important given they are winter tires. You guys did admirably well answering these cryptic questions. Thank you.

Shipping would likely hurt a sale. While I thought you were NJ/NY with my traveling and frustration I was not able to accurately determine if my recollection of your location was correct. Good luck with the sale. When I figure out PM or get to a computer, I'll reach out to you.  Perhaps SC... 

This post was modified 5 years ago by ISpy
Posted : June 25, 2019 4:44 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 26, 2019 7:10 am
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

The prevailing wisdom from some folks is not to drive our Spyder's once the temps get near freezing.

Having driven my Spyder in winter (including snow) conditions I can attest to the fact that the Blizzaks drive great on ice and (less than 6" of standing snow). Pretty much the only limitation is watching out for other cars --- particularly 4 wheel drive cars --- as they slip and slide around.

If you pick up an inexpensive set of rims and have the tires mounted, they will always be there if you need them.

Posted : August 15, 2019 7:16 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

The Bridgestone ad for Blizzaks; "Don't worry about the car in front of you, worry about the one behind!(or something close to that)

I've daily driven Spyders in 8 Winters, with either Blizzies or X-ice's. They both give the car great traction for acceleration, braking, turning and "maneuvering".

Thank you, Stephen Crane

Posted : August 15, 2019 9:24 pm
Share: