SOLD: Eibach Pro Ki...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SOLD: Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs

(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

I'm looking for a slightly stiffer set of springs. The Eibachs have ~20k miles on them. I would like to see about trading them for Tein S Tech, H&R Sport, Tanabe GF210, or similar if anyone wants to swap before outright buying another set of springs. Thanks all.

Update: Installed RSR Ti2000's. Eibachs are for sale. Pics and details down below.

Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2019 3:44 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

GF210 are funky, the balance isn't great. Just a heads up.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2019 6:31 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@haloruler64

Thanks for that.... Now that you mention it, the simple math doesn't line up well with a 43/57 weight bias. I'm guessing understeer becomes a problem with them? Regardless, I'll take them off my list.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 30, 2019 3:15 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Yeah they're a bit understeery until the car oversteers. It's controllable and predictable but can get annoying at autocross when the front end washes out from being too stiff and oversteer isn't easily controllable for drifts. Again nothing bad, but not ideal. The S Techs behave MUCH better, got to drive a buddies car on Konis and S Techs while mine was on Konis and GF210s and his setup was much better, more neutral, more lively. 

Good luck with picking up something new! 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2019 6:32 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

To update this, I picked up a set of RSR Ti2000's and have installed them. The Eibachs are now for sale. They have about 25k on them, very little damage to the coating besides the lower spring seat where it is expected. I even padded the spring compressor so I wouldn't damage the coating. 

IMG 20200331 131206~2
IMG 20200331 131511~2
IMG 20200331 131451~2

Looking for $130 shipped CONUS

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 3, 2020 3:32 pm
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

@marsrock7

Finger is on the trigger on these (waiting on my stimulus check 🙄 )....Don't like the height of my stock 01, but dont want another slammed harsh ride like my 2ZZ car that has coil overs.

So, first - can you tell me what struts you went to (to avoid bottoming the struts) and if you cut the bump stops.

Also are these the rough spring secs? (I got from SC table)

Eibach Pro Kit   Spring Rates Front lb/in  80-88 (est.)    Spring Rates Rear lb/in 117 (est.)   Spring Rates Front g/mm 1400 (est.)  Spring Rates Rear g/mm  2100 (est.)      Drop Front inches  1.2      Drop Rear inches 1.2

Thanks

Rdawg

If nothing else - here is your bump

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 7:56 am
marsrock7 reacted
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I ran these on a previous car using the KYB's and it road well. Not too low, not too stiff and it got rid of the large wheel well gap.

I just bought these from him but I intend to run Koni's this time around. The KYB's were fine for everyday use but I wouldn't recommend it if you intend to run auto-x or anything demanding.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 8:55 am
marsrock7 reacted
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

@wilcomr-s

Thanks for the update and info Wilco, as usual - delay causes me to miss out.

I have some old tiens (somewhere in the garage) for the front - but am thinking they might be stiff.  Didn't know what I would do about the rears - though the torch had come to mind...For heating and bending not cutting. 

So your struts are stock length/application with no ill affects? 

Good luck with the Konis I hear good things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 9:06 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I had no ill effects on my old car.

Now it had a stock motor and I didn't do any grueling driving with it.

It road like a good quality progressive rate spring.

Eventually I will go with a good coilover kit but for now it will work just fine for the first year out to take to COTA from time to time.

You can still find brand new Springs on Ebay from some wholesalers that have inventory left.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 10:33 am
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

well the car is due for struts too, this might rise on the priority list as it gets warmer A/C fix is currently on top

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 15, 2020 2:44 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@rdawg

Yeah sorry, Wilco just paid for them yesterday. I do not have any other information on the spring rates other than what is available in the SC table. I was using them with Koni's and had no issues, I just wanted to move up to a slightly firmer ride than what these gave me. I can attest to the RSR springs being a fair bit firmer on large movements but being a progressive spring are still quite comfortable on small movements. I was very close to buying a set of Tein's if I hadn't stumbled onto the RSR's.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 16, 2020 1:29 am
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

No worries Mars,

I didn't need more parts in my garage that would have taken a year to actually get on my car.

As I stated above, need struts anyway soon, so I will dig up the Teins in the garage and figure out the rears when I need to.

Thanks for the info on Konis, maybe that will be the next big purchase

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2020 7:30 am
marsrock7 and WilcoMR-S reacted
Share: