Mid-Engine Mustang  

RSS
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Estimable Member
NottaMiata
(@nottamiata)
Reputable Member

Doesn't change the proportions much, since the Mustang already had a fat ass going into it.

Who will get on the RME boat next?

This post was modified 4 months ago by NottaMiata

🐸

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 4:47 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Estimable Member

I don't believe that came from Ford, as a "What if" or "hey Blue Oval People, what do you think". That rendering gives no thought to engine access. A true "Wadda ya think" drawing would have.

The Mustang is not a Vette. The Vette has been a sports car its entire life(somewhat lifeless in some of its guises, but still a sports car). to truly be modern, it had to go "True mid engine(please don't argue FME/RME)", and should have done it ages ago. The Mustang should stay right where it is...a Pony Car like the Camaro, and not bad looking at all...ALL this, IMHO 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 7:58 pm
chrioboy2
(@chrioboy2)
Trusted Member

What kind of half-hearted rendering is that? I'd like to smack whoever put their name on that.

Wasn't the Mustang concept a midengine sports car? Then the production version turned into an automotive money grab. A damn good money grab, the first lifestyle car? My Uncle has a Mach 1, that straight line rumblin'... convinces you it's really a thing. Told me he would race the Mr2 for pinks. I said, "hell yeah, but I get to pick the road."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2019 9:20 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Estimable Member

Pic from Hagerty dot com

This was a cool looking car, and I wish they had done it.

This post was modified 4 months ago by Galo
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2019 8:28 pm
chrioboy2 liked
WilcoMR-S
(@wilcomr-s)
Trusted Member

If Ford touches it, they will screw it up.

Look at the new Bronco (no really they say it isn't just a Bronco II) being a reskinned Ranger offered in two and four door trim.

Then again the CEO just announced that the Bronco and Mustang were going to become entire families of vehicles including a Mustang looking SUV.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2019 12:43 pm
NottaMiata
(@nottamiata)
Reputable Member

Mustang SUV? Like that horrible BMW X6 atrocity that doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up?

I haven't liked Mustangs since, well, ever, but -- aside from nobody giving a damn what I like or think -- I think they should leave it alone. It's an icon. Don't screw with it. Mid-engine, sure. A crossover? BARF! It will be a laughingstock to the purists, and always inappropriate to drive four kids to soccer practice, just like that silly X6.

I doubt it would even appeal to the Porsche station wagon crowd, since it won't cost enough to make whatever that statement is that they are making with that, um, thing.

This post was modified 4 months ago by NottaMiata

🐸

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2019 2:03 pm
WilcoMR-S
(@wilcomr-s)
Trusted Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-creating-families-around-mustang-bronco/ar-AAFO0mi?ocid=ientp

The lineup is further expanding with a performance electric vehicle, an SUV with Mustang styling cues. Developed on Ford's new electric vehicle architecture, it will launch in 2020.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Share:
Close Menu

Please Login or Register