Clear all

Mid-Engine Corvette

Page 1 / 5
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

I like it...

DVTRT32J

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2019 8:05 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

did you guys see the last front engine corvette sold?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 9:11 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

@kamlung

This one?

2019 chevrolet corvette chicago 01

Notice the color scheme...

😎

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2019 9:51 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:03 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @neomr2

@kamlung

This one?

2019 chevrolet corvette chicago 01

Notice the color scheme...

😎

no it was black...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27113416/final-chevrolet-c7-corvette-auction/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:09 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @nottamiata

Hopefully this makes Mr. T angry enough to build the MK IV.

Just let me have my dream...

i rather they didn't... the track that Toyota is on, it will just be a Lotus Elise rebadge..

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:09 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

@kamlung

Damn...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2019 10:18 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:22 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have always seen it as three class of mid engine.  Large,medium and small and this car right in between large and mid.  Not exactly a baby Ferrari  and not as big as the big Farrari.  I have a feeling it will do well but that depends on how badly GM is managed and they suck at the moment.  

I like the fact that they have finally fulfilled what they wanted to do for a long time.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:25 am
neomr2 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Toyota will never do anything close to this under the Toyota badge.  In my opinion the LC 500 Lexus is the real Supra of today but the problem is you have to pay for the cost which is adjusted for inflation.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 10:30 am
Triz reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

so let's put all the MR contenders in the ring... 

Vette, NSX, Ferrari, Lambo ... am i missing anyone else?  Vette is still the cheapest option, not sure yet how the fit and finish or performance will be... their first DOHC motor will be interesting... if it's as tune friendly as the prior LS motors, it will be a great value for enthusiasts.  but when you get to that level of supercar (i.e. Ferrari/Lambo $, most of the owners are brand loyal anyway) 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 11:47 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Lotus, Porsche, Alpha Romeo, Audi, BMW...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2019 11:51 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @kamlung

Vette, NSX, Ferrari, Lambo ... am i missing anyone else?  Vette is still the cheapest option, not sure yet how the fit and finish or performance will be... their first DOHC motor will be interesting... if it's as tune friendly as the prior LS motors, it will be a great value for enthusiasts.  but when you get to that level of supercar (i.e. Ferrari/Lambo $, most of the owners are brand loyal anyway) 

I think the DOHC engine is going to be a big mistake.  Anytime they change the engine radically its going to have all sorts of problems. The small block has been perfected over many decades and has been a proven engine that can be durable but GM screws up when the introduce a new engine or  radically change an existing one because they just don't have the kind of set up and management that Toyota has. If they were smart they would have used the existing engine which they fixed the issues with for the DI and tune the engine with a little more  horsepower.   Somewhere around the refresh they can introduce a new DOHC motor if they want to. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 12:20 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dev

I think the DOHC engine is going to be a big mistake.  Anytime they change the engine radically its going to have all sorts of problems. The small block has been perfected over many decades and has been a proven engine that can be durable but GM screws up when the introduce a new engine or  radically change an existing one because they just don't have the kind of set up and management that Toyota has. If they were smart they would have used the existing engine which they fixed the issues with for the DI and tune the engine with a little more  horsepower.   Somewhere around the refresh they can introduce a new DOHC motor if they want to. 

The LT5 engine was available 90-95 Corvette.  The ZR1 engine sported an all aluminum block and cylinder heads, DOHC (Dual Overhead Cams), and 32 valves (4 per cylinder).  The LT5 had a super high redline and broad power band, making it the fastest production vehicle of it's time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 1:40 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: @phats
Posted by: @dev

The LT5 engine was available 90-95 Corvette.  The ZR1 engine sported an all aluminum block and cylinder heads, DOHC (Dual Overhead Cams), and 32 valves (4 per cylinder).  The LT5 had a super high redline and broad power band, making it the fastest production vehicle of it's time.

phats is right... the C4 ZR1 had the 4 cam motor... i forgot about that... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2019 2:19 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share: