Notifications
Clear all

Honda Accord 2.0T

Page 2 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

My curiosity got the best of me so I did a search. It appears that it’s a known steering rack issue that is being replaced at the dealer.  Owners are reporting they are not able to stay in lane and other odd behavior of the steering.   It’s time to inform my friend.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 6, 2020 10:54 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

https://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2019/steering/steering_wheel_stiff.shtml

and 
https://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2018/tsbs/tsb-apas02202020907.shtml

It appears they are replacing the racks according to some owners.

Also Some people on Honda forums are also complaining about excessive wheel spin. They believe it’s the tires. 

Still poor execution. The vagueness of the steering wheel having you keep control is completely unsafe. Also their newer Dream Works  engines have issues with fuel dilution. I felt they are not making the kind of cars they are famous for. I do not know if the newer Toyota cars are the same way but it’s possible the industry is overcomplicating themselves and ruining their brands.  The better car by a mile is a used Lexus. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 7, 2020 9:41 am
(@dblotii)
Estimable Member

@devThe cool thing about the Accord is that you can still get a manual transmission.  I wouldn't even consider the CVT Accord.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 7, 2020 10:57 am
marsrock7 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @dblotii

@devThe cool thing about the Accord is that you can still get a manual transmission.  I wouldn't even consider the CVT Accord.

I believe the Accord I test drove is a 10 speed automatic and it was just fine. The CVT in the Civic I drove was horrible.  I also drove a CVT in a 2017 Forester and it was also just as terrible. I know they get better millage but I hate that elastic disconnect that feels like you have a slipping clutch.  I will never get a CVT car. I know they have ones that simulate gear changes but count me out. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 7, 2020 11:06 am
marsrock7 reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: