Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2020 Nissan 370Z

seantc
(@seantc)
05E64771 555F 4D9C 8EC3 AD88F2AB86D9

Does this front end look surprisingly familiar, or is it just me. 

2003 Black/black 5-speed MR-S

Topic starter Posted : January 19, 2020 1:02 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Hmmm... Now where have I seen that before? 🤔

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2020 2:57 am
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

@marsrock7

Yep! I like that but it does look strangely familiar.

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2020 3:23 am
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

Reverting back to the 350Z isn’t exactly ‘retro’. I would hope Nissan, despite all the problems they’ve been having, won’t put a CVT in something like this and basically neuter it.

I didn’t originally see the pre-facelift Spyder there but now I do.

Sorry, I thought this was the new Concept Z, but it’s just a 2020 370Z. I really hope they don’t make it an SUV

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2020 11:03 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

That looks like someone stole my Dedimplator.  

Nissan is so bad now its laughable.  The former CEO of Nissan literally escaped Japan because they were going to criminally prosecute him for financial misconduct.  

The Japanese were stupid for having joint ventures or in this case merging with European manufactures.  Just about every car manufacture that does something with the Europeans gets burned even with in other European countries like Sweden. 

The good news is Nissan is ending their partnership with Renault so hopefully they will go back to making quality vehicles following the Japanese way of doing things. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2020 11:29 am
seantc
(@seantc)
Posted by: @dev

Nissan is so bad now its laughable.  The former CEO of Nissan literally escaped Japan because they were going to criminally prosecute him for financial misconduct.  

The Japanese were stupid for having joint ventures or in this case merging with European manufactures.  Just about every car manufacture that does something with the Europeans gets burned even with in other European countries like Sweden. 

The good news is Nissan is ending their partnership with Renault so hopefully they will go back to making quality vehicles following the Japanese way of doing things. 

It’s sad to see Toyota get burned back to back on this subject.   Supra recall re: seatbelt frame welds , Those cars will be scrap metal. But even the gt86  had the valve spring issue causing engine kaboom. Not what I would expect from 2 Japanese manufacturers teaming up on a platform. 

On the subject of Nissan I would love to see them resurrect the Silvia platform. They could do an entry level sports car that beats the 86 price point. Turbo 4cyl naturally. I would think they’d ditch the GTR at this point, it’s simply no longer the car it was 10yrs ago, dollar for dollar. 

2003 Black/black 5-speed MR-S

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 19, 2020 2:25 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @seantc
Posted by: @dev

It’s sad to see Toyota get burned back to back on this subject.   Supra recall re: seatbelt frame welds , Those cars will be scrap metal. But even the gt86  had the valve spring issue causing engine kaboom. Not what I would expect from 2 Japanese manufacturers teaming up on a platform. 

On the subject of Nissan I would love to see them resurrect the Silvia platform. They could do an entry level sports car that beats the 86 price point. Turbo 4cyl naturally. I would think they’d ditch the GTR at this point, it’s simply no longer the car it was 10yrs ago, dollar for dollar. 

I agree and the first iterations of the cars that have legendary status were special for the its value. Some real engineer made it so and it was then discovered by the public at large almost like a jail break or secrete code that unlocks 30hp.    After that the marketers try to recreate that magic by introducing legacy and although the specs are better its just a empty shell of marketing of what was. You see this with BMW as they have to stick an M badge everywhere when the original M had only one. 

The Spyder on the other hand was judged badly from the start and it is probably one of the most misunderstood cars of its time but as the years go by its starting to have that status of being way underrated as it punches way above its class. It has also  aged gracefully compared to the other two which are dated and recognizable.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2020 2:41 pm
Share: