Notifications
Clear all

1st Annual xbiker Memorial Meet...ATTENTION ALL

Page 5 / 5
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, it appears for us to get on the track-s with our Spyders, we'd have to be a part of a national club, i.e. BMW Owners Association. I didn't check, but I don't think we have an owners association...online forums don't seem to count.

Oh well...the meet IS on for Saturday, September 25...breakfast at Crossroads 46 Diner in Spencer IN, which opens at 6AM. Depending on when people arrive/show-up, the driving can start at ??:??AM

Lunch/dinner/whatever will be up in the air.

Dave, if you and your son are going to be "in town" on Friday, September 24th, we could still go to IMS, do the Hall of Fame Museum and the bus ride around the track. I know x, his son, Drake and Kim(from Southern IN) and I did the bus ride...x seemed to get a kick out of it. Anyway, I'll PM you my cell #.

Til then, have fun and be safe(it IS possible to do both, 😉😉)!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2021 6:37 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I should have stated a set time the driving starts, so...10:00AM Indiana time, which I believe is Eastern Standard Time. We will NOT start earlier than that time.
If anyone is planning on getting to the Indy area Friday afternoon, please PM me to see if getting together for dinner can happen. See ya Saturday!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2021 8:28 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

7:05AM, INDIANA time...

Good morning everyone! I'm at The Crossroads 46 Diner, downing some coffee, waiting for my order.   and I are in the "here". CSPIDY/Dave and son Nate, DrakeW and wife Kim are in Bloomington IN, preparing to head here, phattires, with new guy Dean, are on the road from IL.

If "you" are coming to the meet, drive carefully...if not, drive carefully😀

Take care!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2021 7:11 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Well, the day went as close to perfect as could be! The night rain was done by 6:30AM, the breakfast "group" enjoyed the food, and we got to check out the Spyders and chat a bit. The roads were their typical great. There were some small areas of damp pavement remaining from the early morning rain, but these caused no problems. We decided on a late lunch/early dinner location at the last break. I had read reviews and we were not disappointed...great food and service.

All in all, great people and a great day. People in the pic, l to r...phatts, DrakeW and CSPIDY.

20210925 112223~2

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2021 9:21 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Very nice meet, the weather and roads couldn’t be better,

the roads are like many of the roads in western pa minus the pot holes and traffic.

could really just drive the Spyder and enjoy it.

it was good to see the folks I knew from the dragon and meet new Spyders enthusiasts 

also since the sadas meet has been canceled the past two years it was like a new beginning. 🙂

and lastly I want to thank Mark for taking the time and energy to put it together 

only slight disappointments were no barbecue, no tee shirts and we didn’t get to play 

jarts.

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2021 8:19 am
Galo and Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Dave, at meets I organize, there will_be_NO_jarts...but the next time, with more time for "planning", there could be a bar-b-q(of sorts) and tee shirts are a definite probability! The only thing about any tee shirts...they may mention x, but, they will have MY picture on them...🤣😉😉🤪😜🤮🤮🤮

Thanks for the kudos, my friend! I love to do the organizing of these meets. In IN, we are lucky to have such nice twisties in great condition. I may(probably) set up 2 meets next year; 1, this meet and 2 a full Southern Indiana meet. We'll see...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2021 1:06 pm
CSPIDY and Uncle Mush reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
9690249D DFB0 4A81 A66C 80635FF7BAE7
AA631A97 8900 438C 99B8 3AE008C5846D
E3402F52 9BC6 41E8 ADFB 58D35B5486AC
EAC9A576 3DA7 4E97 9D47 32FA446D05FD
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Galo and Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

It's great seeing pics of the meet!  One of these days, I'll be back in the mix.  Maybe next year.  If sponsorship and such is needed for T-Shirts for events, I'm always happy to donate in exchange for my business logo on it somewhere.  My vanity knows no bounds!  hahaha.

I know I'm not regularly on the forums much these days, but I do try to hop back on every now and then in the hopes that it gets back into my daily routine.

Congrats on a successful meet, Mark!  I look forward to seeing many more.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2021 7:30 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Yo LT! Keep your eyes open, I'm probably more driven(pun intended) now to throw meets together... hell, I'm thinking of doing 2 next year...I AM crazy 😜  That's a terrific offer, Justin. I will be in touch.

Life is that way, my friend! I remember you and your family being in Indy for The Brickyard, sharing dinner with Tony and me, like it was yesterday. Good times with good people...just like last Friday and Saturday.

And thanks Justin! Credit can be given to SW-Indy for texting me about having a meet. I really wasn't thinking "do a meet", but he lit the fire!

Take care my friend, and I am thinking of getting down there for Sebring...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 29, 2021 8:12 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Page 5 / 5
Share: