Notifications
Clear all

What are you listening to today?

Page 8 / 15
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Im not that much into The Doors just their known commercial stuff.

Having said that this has a groovy feel to it.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2020 10:56 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I'll throw up some of the stuff I've been listening to 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 8, 2020 7:54 pm
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Came across this song the other day and I dig the guys style, kind of in the vein of The Black Keys, Tom Waits and just a cool "old timey" vibe.  Bluebird is another good tune by the same artist.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2020 12:16 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 11, 2020 6:07 am
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member

Normally I like Blues, and sometimes 60's and 70's classic rock. But I heard the group a bunch of years ago and like SOME of their music. I have their greatest hit CD and this one is classic for them. listen to this and like I read in one of their reviews don't be surprised if a cigarette appears in your hand and you start to speak with an Aussie  accent.

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 9:13 pm
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

@grumpy That song is the intro to the show Peaky Blinders and actually introduced me to Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2020 9:51 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

They say that a persons view at the time of creating art is in complete contraction of who they are now and what they believe. 

Still brilliant and I bet at Waters old age can no longer grasp what the lyrics mean at the time of creating it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2020 9:54 am
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Last night I had a "heated discussion" with my girlfriend. I can't get this outta of my head.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2020 5:03 pm
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @nocoolname

@grumpy That song is the intro to the show Peaky Blinders and actually introduced me to Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds.

I first heard that song in the early to mid 90's in London. I have listened to them off and on ever since. their early stuff  80's and very early 90's when they were in Germany and Oz isn't near as good.

I have been told about Peaky Blinders, but I watch very little TV, at most 10 hours a week. I have seen Peaky Blinders maybe a couple of times.Just because of the song. My wife watched it.

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2020 7:04 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

It's rare that covers are amazing, but this is.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 22, 2020 10:26 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

Angus at his best! And my GOD what a crowd! River Plate!

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by DesertWanderer

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 7:36 pm
dev reacted
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

These guys were 23 yers old in 1973, with a bass guitar, percussion, and keyboards, LIVE, no computer to smooth out mistakes, 50 year old technology. They got this much music from 3 guys playing. You can find audio and video of them from 1970 also. I saw them numerous times, twice with a 100 member symphony. Usually it was just 3 guys.

1970 What were you guys doing at 20?

Carl Palmer solo at 67 years old. Around 4:25-4:30 he loses control of a drumstick and you can't tell if you didn't see it. 9 minutes. 

I wish they had something like them now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2020 8:01 pm
(@dblotii)
Estimable Member

@grumpy There are plenty of groups like ELP, you just need to get into the world of progressive rock (Prog rock).  There are facebook groups, festivals (like Progstock), and even a prog cruise (Cruise to the Edge).  

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2020 10:29 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

RIP Edward Van Halen

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 6:52 am
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

One of the best guitarist of all time. RIP Eddie.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 5:32 pm
dev reacted
Page 8 / 15
Share: