Happy New Year everyone.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2022 6:19 pm
marsrock7, LordTakuban, T-bone and 1 people reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @dev

Happy New Year everyone.  

That's great Dev!  Congratulations on getting your historical vehicle license plate for your Spyder.  That's awesome!

Agreed!  Happy New Year, Y'all!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2022 9:08 pm
DesertWanderer and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Thanks UM. I had it early last year but I didn't get to drive it with the plates except for two days. I had a rough last year and now it's starting to settle out. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2022 10:42 am
Uncle Mush reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Happy holidays!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2022 6:18 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Oh that's right.  I sometimes forget that our cars are 20 (or nearly there for the face-lift versions).

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 4, 2022 9:34 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

Putting down miles not in the spyder though

MR2

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2022 4:10 pm
WhyT
 WhyT
(@whyt)

I can't have historic plates in Missouri. They require you to keep a log of miles driven and I'm allowed a maximum of 1000 miles in a year. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Project to begin all Projects™
Coming Summer of 2023!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2022 9:36 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @whyt

I can't have historic plates in Missouri. They require you to keep a log of miles driven and I'm allowed a maximum of 1000 miles in a year. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Is this why Missouri is called the show me state. We have some previsions like that in Maryland with historic tags because some people in old Civics were abusing it. They were proposing that people with Historic tags obtain costly show car insurance which was shot down by the Governor and they lowered the age from 25 to 20 years. 

Apparently I cant use my car for commuting. It must be used for transportation to events but no millage enforcement.  Law enforcement doesn't care since many of them are car people. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2022 1:37 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I got another batch of coffee from Blue Macaw coffee roasters. Its their 5 bean espresso. Steam up some milk its delicious. 

I have cut down the amount of milk I use which is coming very close to a flat white which is 50% espresso and 50% steamed milk. Im starting to get why the Italians are obsessed with espresso shots. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2022 10:36 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I got another batch of coffee from Blue Macaw coffee roasters. Its their 5 bean espresso. Steam up some milk its delicious. 

I have cut down the amount of milk I use which is coming very close to a flat white which is 50% espresso and 50% steamed milk. Im starting to get why the Italians are obsessed with espresso shots. 

Dev,

I have an espresso machine and really enjoy it

I haven’t used the milk steamer yet

not sure I will like it but mostly too lazy to clean it

I take my coffee black

maybe I will give it a try

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2022 8:37 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Dunno if you guys have heard of the Pinecil but I'm in love. Tiny little USB-C powered soldering iron with an OLED display and an open source firmware. Tons of features like sleep mode when put down, auto wake when picked up, and 65W USB-PD support meaning it can be powered off a battery bank. Amazing! I of course got the optional clear shell because open source goodies need to be clear. 

IMG20220207194743

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 21, 2022 6:50 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @cspidy

Dev,

I take my coffee black

Dave

Dave I take it that you are making Amaracanos which is espresso shot with water.  

Milk steaming is very difficult depending on the machine. There are some that are automatic where you add the milk  but but those tend to be very coarse and there is clean up involved afterwards. 

When you have a espresso machine with a traditional steam wand it give you the best result but it takes a lot of practice. The goal is to inject air as the milk is being heated and at the same time spinning and folding it over on its self which requires a good amount of control.  A good result is when the milk is has micro bubbles and looks silky not frothy.  When done right it adds to the texture of the coffee. 

The Italians drink Lattes and Cortados only for breakfast not like we do. The rest of the day they are drinking straight espressos and they are obsessed. Same with Brazil, Cuba and many other countries. My goal is to acquire the taste so I can enjoy espressos and it starts with weening off the milk. As I am getting closer to my goal Im starting to understand. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2022 12:42 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Dev,

I take my coffee black

Dave

Dave I take it that you are making Amaracanos which is espresso shot with water.  

Milk steaming is very difficult depending on the machine. There are some that are automatic where you add the milk  but but those tend to be very coarse and there is clean up involved afterwards. 

When you have a espresso machine with a traditional steam wand it give you the best result but it takes a lot of practice. The goal is to inject air as the milk is being heated and at the same time spinning and folding it over on its self which requires a good amount of control.  A good result is when the milk is has micro bubbles and looks silky not frothy.  When done right it adds to the texture of the coffee. 

The Italians drink Lattes and Cortados only for breakfast not like we do. The rest of the day they are drinking straight espressos and they are obsessed. Same with Brazil, Cuba and many other countries. My goal is to acquire the taste so I can enjoy espressos and it starts with weening off the milk. As I am getting closer to my goal Im starting to understand. 

I just do the espresso straight,

no added water or milk

usually a double

part of my retirement plan

maybe the next time I’m in a coffee shop I’ll try the milk froth added

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2022 9:22 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Dev,

I take my coffee black

Dave

no added water or milk

usually a double

Thats really cool. How did you get there with drinking it neat.  I cant seem to do that yet but I am getting there. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2022 12:37 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Dev,

I take my coffee black

Dave

no added water or milk

usually a double

Thats really cool. How did you get there with drinking it neat.  I cant seem to do that yet but I am getting there. 

When I was a flight tech on flights to Africa

they only had an espresso machine onboard 

so if wanted a coffee that was it

I haven’t added milk to my coffee in 40 years

so I just put down like a shot of good sipping whisky 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2022 5:12 pm
grumpy reacted
Page 33 / 48
Share: