Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Poll

Page 2 / 2
zerocavity
(@zerocavity)

I DD my spyder. Feels bad that it is always outside in the sun and not washed. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2019 2:41 am
hello reacted
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

I daily my 2 as long as rain prediction is below 40%. I've driven it in the snow but prefer not given when someone sneezes NJ coats the roads with salt and calcium chloride (which is dramatically more corrosive).  The top is always down. (Not sure how well I'll deal with the hard top.)

I try to stay off the highway and take the slower more country-scenic 28 mile commute versus the 23 mile highway run. Although there are allegedly unregulated sections on the highway route. I rarely food shop. My 3 kids play(ed) travel soccer so the 2 is (was) the transport for most of the 3x week practices and 2 games. That's true now for the remaining high schooler, unless there is a gravel driveway involved. Time can slow down in the 2 so when one of us is late...

I simply tell people I drive a go-kart to work and the only part of the commute that bothers me is arriving. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2019 8:46 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @ispy

I daily my 2 as long as rain prediction is below 40%.

This. I never noticed how bad forecasts are until now. I would take my boring car when >50% chance of rain then... it doesn't and I am sad.

This post was modified 5 years ago by hello
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 7, 2019 1:28 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Since I have never used mine as a DD, I always wonder if I would grow tired of driving it.

I guess I’l keep wondering.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 3:43 pm
hello reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@CSPIDY

During the times my other car has been awaiting time for me to do major repair (a couple of times now, once for two months and once for three months), I've had to DD the Toy full time. I never got tired of actually driving the car... But I did tire of cabin resonance, not being able to pick up both my kids at the same time, and having no other option during wet or extremely windy weather. 

I've already put a fair amount of effort into reducing cabin resonance to at least a tolerable level now... If this was my full time DD, I'd have to give in and do the things that start adding weight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 7:34 pm
hello reacted
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

"I already put a fair amount of effort into reducing cabin resonance to at least a tolerable level now" ... Me too, I keep the stereo cranked and RPM above 3600. (I've got a c66.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 8:19 pm
hello reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

@cspidy

I've been daily driving The Frog for almost a year and have not even a glimmer of getting tired of it. Look forward to it more every day, in fact.

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 9:41 pm
hello reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I split between my Spyder and my G35, but drive the Spyder more.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 11:09 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @ispy

"I already put a fair amount of effort into reducing cabin resonance to at least a tolerable level now" ... Me too, I keep the stereo cranked and RPM above 3600. (I've got a c66.)

Same for RPMs. I went back to my c56 instead of rebuilding my c60 for this reason. Now I can keep my revs up without going 85mph all the time.

Cranking the stereo doesn't help me, the cabin resonance cancels out all the low end of my music... So having the stereo up too just means I have loud high frequency music on top of loud low frequency drone.

A new intake setup in trying seems to be helping with the drone some. An unexpected, yet welcome, side effect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2019 11:37 pm
(@tk_bittwiddler)

I have an '03 that I picked up 2 years ago with about 60k on it.  I DD mine (when my wife isn't taking it!).  I now have about 80k on it.  Doesn't matter what the temp is outside, I just love to drive it.  I replaced the top this year, but it stays down most of the time, even in cold weather.  The F-150 only gets my attention when I can't fit all the tools I need in the Spyder.  If I have to pickup my wife from the airport (200 miles round-trip), I leave the spare tire at home so I have some place to put her luggage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2019 5:08 pm
RICHARDRALEY
(@richardraley)

I bought my Spyder new in October 2000. I drove daily for 13 years until I retired from UPS. I put about 300 miles a week on it. It now has 211000 miles and I don't get to drive it as much as I would like

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2019 6:19 pm
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

DD and only car for over 12 years, plus 10 before that in a Mk1.

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2019 1:54 pm
(@my2004mr2)

Definitely a daily driver , I have owned a 2004  since Sept 2016. 30 mile round trip, enjoying every mile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2019 9:22 pm
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

When it is up and running 😆, more for fun than DD.  That will probably continue if I do Hemmings' Car Insurance.

Paul  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2019 5:25 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: