MR2 Spyder Sugar Co...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

MR2 Spyder Sugar Cookies

Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

A year or two ago I saw a thread about these on SC and bought three different cookie cutters for the MR2 Spyder from this website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedRocketLabs

By the way, I am not affiliated in anyway with this individual or his website.

Here is what the cookie cutters look like:

Cookie Cutters

Here is the finished product:

Finished Cookies

Here are a few shots of the cookie cutter process:

Round Cookie Cutter 1
Round Cookie Dough 1

Here is a picture of the instructions that came with the cookie cutters I purchased from RedRocketLabs:

Red Rocket Cookie Recipe

Bon Appetite, Y'all and Merry Christmas (or Season's Greatings to Y'all if you ain't into Christmas).  

Topic starter Posted : December 15, 2019 10:44 pm
CSPIDY and WilcoMR-S reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

That little novelty is cool. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2019 11:00 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Not dishwasher safe. Right in line with the rest of the "special handling" vibe of this car, LOL.

(Kinda Scroogy, I know, but the irony is still very real)

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 11:50 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have found most of the cool expensive stuff is not dishwasher safe. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 4:11 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Y'all must've bought them all up.... Only MR2 stuff there now is the MK1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

If you really want some,  my guess is you could special order.   It's just a home business.   Nice guy.  Makes them with a 3D printer. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 16, 2019 9:58 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Don't get me wrong... my best knives aren't either. I have lots of things that aren't dishwasher safe. In fact, The Frog himself is not DW safe (he would kick any dishwasher's ass, though, you should see what he did to a Corolla who wanted to test his limits). Just seemed poetic.

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 10:55 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

the food safe claim is interesting.  it's likely regular PLA which is plant based plastic.  it *could* be PETG which it more like what's used in plastic water bottles, but no need for that kind of strength in cookie cutters. That said, I'd have to search to see if there is specifically a filament that is food grade.  And even if there is, it goes through a normal nozzle.  ... sorry for the tangent there.  I just don't like claims like that where it could be complete BS.  Disclaimer:  That seller might actually have truly food-safe products.  I am just skeptical AF.

A dishwasher would surely warp these though when drying.  I might try to make a couple designs and print them.  Probably not for sale, because I know how hard it is in this niche market and that person already has put in some time and effort in it.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2019 4:02 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @lordtakuban

the food safe claim is interesting.  it's likely regular PLA which is plant based plastic.  it *could* be PETG which it more like what's used in plastic water bottles, but no need for that kind of strength in cookie cutters. That said, I'd have to search to see if there is specifically a filament that is food grade.  And even if there is, it goes through a normal nozzle.  ... sorry for the tangent there.  I just don't like claims like that where it could be complete BS.  Disclaimer:  That seller might actually have truly food-safe products.  I am just skeptical AF.

A dishwasher would surely warp these though when drying.  I might try to make a couple designs and print them.  Probably not for sale, because I know how hard it is in this niche market and that person already has put in some time and effort in it.

LT there are food safe filaments.  This one would probably be dishwasher safe. 
https://www.matterhackers.com/store/3d-printer-filament/taulman-nylon-680-1.75mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2019 4:12 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

UM, I’ll take a dozen of each cookie, can you you have them delivered by Christmas?

Who needs the cookie cutters when we have a cookie baker on our site.

(maybe this thread should be moved to the classified section)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2019 9:29 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

That actually sounds like a great idea.  I would be up for a dozen chocolate fudge cookies.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2019 10:05 pm
Share: