Movies ( about cars...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Movies ( about cars and/or car racing)

Page 1 / 2
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

A few weeks ago I watched Ford vs Ferrari. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Pure Hollywood - they made up a lot and left out a lot. If you don't know the historical facts, the more you will enjoy it. Here is a tip, do your research AFTER watching the movie. The racing scenes are really exciting. And I still like Ferrari !! It was cool seeing the Corvettes and 911's competing with the big boys.

Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2020 6:51 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Even though some of the actual events were muddled to make it Hollywood it was a welcome restoration to the genre of movies. What I mean by that it is a pure racing movie that is cinematic.  The story was great because it was complex and I loved the end of the move because it was like the base ball move the Natural where its a little more complex then just winning.  

In this movie you get taken back by Enzo's arrogance but in the end you get the greatest appreciation for his grandiose  passion.  His admiration for the ford driver is the victory as its more then any trophy. Another thing I like about the movie is it highlighted the idiocy of ivy league  top brass that want to put their hands in anything that is cool when they are not. These people do not understand passion, they are just middle managers that ruin everything they touch just like the music industry.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 9:56 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I was just thinking they should make a documentary movie on Enzo Ferrari. There is so much material right there and I hope its in Italian with subtitles. If they make it with Italian English accents it would stuck.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 9:59 am
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

I knew the story before the watching the movie and still enjoyed it.  My girlfriend even enjoyed it, with me whispering "that didn't actually happen" in numerous parts. 

There's few car/racing movies that are good in the same aspect of Ford V. Ferrari.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 11:04 am
(@mr2zeal)
Eminent Member

'Rush" is a great racing movie along with Senna documentary--car fan or not you will be encaptured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2020 5:21 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

I agree on Rush and the Senna Doc. Both were really good. He was never mentioned, but Mario Andretti almost died testing the GT40 MKIV for Shelby. His GT40 had a full roll-cage. Ken Miles in an earlier version of the same car did not.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2020 8:09 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Senna was great.  This year I seen the best car racing documentary movie ever on Netflix  and they need to make a movie on this guy but they won't because Hollywood doesn't want to show you real racism, they just want to virtue signal by handing out  awards for your skin color and apologies.  This documentary gives you a glimpse of who are the real racists are and it usually happens when you are talented and have the potential to win. These corporate sponsors will go though all sorts of trouble to break your spirit but if you are mediocre they will promote you as long as you don't win.  If you like Ford vs Ferrari you will love this documentary because it will have you at the edge of your seat. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 8:20 am
(@mr2zeal)
Eminent Member

Dang--I heard about that documentary. Can't wait to watch it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2020 9:41 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @mr2zeal

Dang--I heard about that documentary. Can't wait to watch it.

With the stuff that is going on with NASCAR right now this movie is fitting except for one detail. That supposed bit of racism with the noose was determined by the FBI as incidental and not deliberate.  What happened to Willy T Ribbs on the other hand was a horrible way to break a mans spirit. If you like gladiator you will love this real life story of triumph and deep conviction. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2020 10:02 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Sorry I have to vent. Not that I ever liked NASCAR but I couldn't be more disgusted with that organization.  Leave alone the fake racist incident which is exactly what it is, Im more disgusted with all of the NASCAR drivers, crew and owners pushing Bubba's car with him in it as a symbolic self deprecating gesture.  It would be different if he was pushing his car with everyone else but having him in it sends the wrong message. Bubba's lack of humility and his fake photo opportunity to gather sympathy disgusts me.  Willy T. Ribs and Louis Hamilton wouldn't do this because they are fighters that will throw down and fight it out on the track against their rivals and thats is why they are winners.  They are not lookin for sympathy, they are looking for opportunity to have the best car and crew to win.  

This is the same deal with the comedian Carlos Mencia who Comedy Central propped up as their next Dave  Chappelle minority replacement. Reportedly he would go into night clubs and steal jokes from rising hispanic comics diminishing their value.  The real tragedy is potentially great drivers from minority groups that will not get these opportunities because of corporations that want to prop up race losers. Im willing to bet if a talented minority driver finds his way in to the sport both  NASCAR and Bubba wouldn't like that very much.  This is the real hidden truth about racism that no one talks about.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2020 10:28 am
pwnzor reacted
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

Bubba Smollett

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2020 4:02 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Dev, do you have a trampoline in your front yard?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2020 4:53 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

Here are some good ones not mentioned yet

Grand Prix 1966 James Garner

Bullitt 1968 Rob Duvall

The love bug  1968 Buddy Hackett 

Le Mans 1971 (steve mcqueen)

last american hero 1973 Jeff Bridges 

Death race 2000 (an early stallone movie LOL) 1975 extra points for old people in wheel chairs 😉

Greased lighting 1977 Richard Pryor 

breaking away (not motorized but racing non-the-less)

The worlds fastest Indiana 2005

Talladega nights 2006 (if you are not first you are last!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 3:32 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Not a Racing movie per se, but last week I watched "The Art of Racing in the Rain". I'm sorry but I laughed and cried during the whole thing. Maybe I am just too emotional or maybe because I grew up with a Golden Retriever when I was young. Don't blame me if you end up not liking it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2020 7:50 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @mrsponz

Not a Racing movie per se, but last week I watched "The Art of Racing in the Rain". I'm sorry but I laughed and cried during the whole thing. Maybe I am just too emotional or maybe because I grew up with a Golden Retriever when I was young. Don't blame me if you end up not liking it.

I would wonder about anyone that didn't both laugh and cry during this movie! Definitely liked it!

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 9:18 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: