Merry Christmas Y'a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Merry Christmas Y'all and other salutations . . .

Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I don't know what flavor of holiday sentiments are near to your heart.   Christmas is the flavor I embrace, hence my salutation in the subject line of this thread.   I realize we are a diverse group so, whatever it is you celebrate this time of year,  I wish for you a joyous holiday season.  I am grateful for you and this community.

Topic starter Posted : December 25, 2019 4:01 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 25, 2019 5:59 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Yes. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone (even Miata lovers 😀) !!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 25, 2019 11:52 pm
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

Merry Christmas.

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2019 9:04 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Merry Holidays, everyone.

This is a truly magical time of year. Just now, while returning to work from lunch, I was going over how special the MR2 is, and how privileged I feel to be one of the few owners in my city.  I hearkened back to the very first day I had Him, and a guy in a red Spyder pulled up at a light and we gave each other the up-thumb. Dude was grinning as hard as I was.

I recalled the last year where I have spotted exactly two other Spyders, one Silver one driven by an attractive young blonde woman, and some dude in a black one with no muffler.  I wondered if I would ever see any them again.

Not more than 1/4 mile later, I passed a red one, probably the red one, parked outside someone's house in the look-at-me position (like the For Sale position, but without any For Sale sign) and thought this very cool in it's coincidental nature. And, LOL, someone else really loves their Spyder.

A mile or two later, a little white sports car turned out in front of me going the other way and as I got a little closer and saw the profile better I said to myself out loud "wait, is that a Mark II?" And I'll be damned if it wasn't... and it was absolutely spotless too.

I probably won't see any other MR2 (the plural of MR2 is MR2, by the way) for several months, perhaps longer. I've also seen a black MkI around here once, but that one isn't aging well and lets out blue farts everywhere. However, this is the first time I have seen a MkII in the wild, though.

Is it corny to think this is kinda special (two Twos within two miles)? Or did I simply officially cross the nerd threshold? It's a holiday miracle... Greensboro is the third-largest city in NC by population, and we MR2 owner/fanbois (and fangirls, apparently) are not unique, but most certainly distinct. In a city of almost 300,000, based on my anecdotal evidence there are probably not even ten MR2, of any generation. 

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2019 3:15 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Happy belated Christmas everyone.  I spent my time with family in WV.  

Cyclehead made me a matching leather shift boot which was an unexpected surprise. Although my car remains dormant for the next two and a half months I plan to upgrade the boot and do some badly needed house keeping so my Spyder is ready to go once winter is over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2019 3:47 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Merry belated X-Mass to all!  I may finally get to work on my cars now that most of the other hustle and bustle is over.  I'll be sure to post some pics if anything really happens.  hahah.

I hope everyone had / is having a good holiday season.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2019 9:19 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

A belated Merry Christmas and preemptive (it's the American way) Happy New Year. I hope the holiday season is treating you all well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2019 10:12 am
Share: