Posted : July 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @not-2-old-for-2-seater

Morning Folks,

Thanks for all of your kind words!

After reading about Galo's medical misadventures, I feel like a wimp bringing up my small health issues.

According to my Dr's first estimates, they indicated that my broken bones should take approximately 6-8 weeks to heal. Shortly after I got out of the hospital I underwent a DEXA --- bone --- scan that indicated that I had some bone mass erosion from not getting enough calcium in my diet. My suspicion is that the bone mass erosion may be contributing to longer than projected healing time.

As for my crush injuries, no time-to-heal estimate was given.

Just completed 7 weeks post-accident, but still have quite a bit of pain from 1-2 broken bones and crush injury site.  This afternoon I will be seeing a Physical Therapist to determine what, if any, physical rehab I can do to bring my body --- hopefully --- back to pre-accident condition.

Learned, much to my disappointment, that the time it takes to get my muscles back to pre-accident condition may be as long as it takes for the injuries to heal... possibly longer.

!

My pleasure!

BOLD; ANY time one has to be in a hospital and then do rehad, there is ZERO "wimp" involved, especially with we older people(I'll be 70 1-2020)... it IS a b*tch(I did that!)

It takes more than just calcium for stronger bones.

A Galo-ism;

Life's a b*tch and then you die, I think that is some sort of lie!

If I were dead, I'd be pushing daisies...but I'm not...

I'm just crazy!!!

Hang in there, my friend! If you'd like to "chat", shoot me a PM!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 2:31 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: