Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Garage Idiots

(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

This isn't my build but I ran across it and it was like watching a slow moving train wreck. MR2 and VW buggy combines? 

Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 11:41 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have been seeing a lot of these video build blogs. At first I thought they were interesting but over time I noticed a pattern with all my hobbies and that is the subscriber and views are more important than the content.   Its got to a point where being controversial even if you do look like an idiot is perfectly fine because it makes you famous and some of it is purposely done.  It use to be that someone would shoot up a school to get their name out.  Bad press is more important than no press at all and its really not the kind of society I want to live in as the shock value is lost with all forms of entertainment.  

There are these Youtube video series of guys staging getting hit on by gold diggers admiring their exotic cars and then turning them down. Its beyond stupid but it exists and does well.  The internet is a funny thing as  a segment of the population has de-evolved and the other has become richer being exposed to higher learning that was previously unavailable.  It has nothing to do with institutional education vs the working class but this societal bifurcation cannot exist for long, something has to give.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 12:26 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
Share: