Cross country trek ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cross country trek to bring MR2 home. What do I take with me? (flying one way)

Page 2 / 2
VintageSC
(@vintagesc)
Eminent Member

This post was modified 5 years ago 8 times by VintageSC

2002 Mellow Yellow

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2019 12:49 pm
VintageSC
(@vintagesc)
Eminent Member
IMG 6933
IMG 6921
IMG 6932
IMG 6919

Had an uneventful trip of 1310 miles with tires over 9 years old which dictated a careful drive in the right lane. PO had kept them at 36# so I adjusted to 26/32 for a much better ride. Met Galo in Indy for lunch first day, overnight in St Louis, then on to Branson for a rest and a show, and a top down cruise around town.  On to Fort Worth for the last leg in 100+ degrees heat. A/C worked hard and was effective thankfully.  Went to the car wash this morning and hand washed the bug collection and admired my prize. I have some minor cosmetic corrections to make and ordered Yokohama tires (Advan Fleva V701) out the door for $496 at Discount tire. With luck they will arrive Friday. Then I will spend the weekend reviewing the mechanicals, installing the new serpentine belt, and general maintenance. PO used Mobile One for the last 13 years so I will continue with same as car burned/lost no oil on the trip.

2002 Mellow Yellow

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2019 1:27 pm
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

Congrats!

BTW, your car is beautiful.

It is reassuring that our old-er cars can travel cross country ....without ending up dead along side of the road somewhere

This post was modified 5 years ago by Not 2 Old For 2 Seater
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 1:30 pm
VintageSC reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Congratulations on your new ride.   Sounds like it was a good trip and the beginning of a new adventure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 3:32 pm
VintageSC reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Glad the rest of your trip was uneventful! Man, if being around me was the highlight of the trip, you lead a real boring life... 😜 🤔 😉 😉 😀 

For those who don't know, that is VSC in the red shirt, me in the grayish one...and glad to see the dry pics!

We'll see about The Razorback Run.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 4:07 pm
VintageSC reacted
VintageSC
(@vintagesc)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @galo

Glad the rest of your trip was uneventful! Man, if being around me was the highlight of the trip, you lead a real boring life... 😜 🤔 😉 😉 😀 

For those who don't know, that is VSC in the red shirt, me in the grayish one...and glad to see the dry pics!

We'll see about The Razorback Run.

The trip was boring driving under the limit in the right lane!  Meeting you and seeing your car w/2ZZ& C60 wasn’t boring 

!  :o)

2002 Mellow Yellow

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2019 4:11 pm
VintageSC
(@vintagesc)
Eminent Member

And, I forgot to mention 34 mpg.  That’s nuts for this much fun!

2002 Mellow Yellow

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2019 9:51 pm
dev reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, putting it that way... 😀 

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2019 2:03 pm
VintageSC reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: