Clear all

Please help me judge some photos.

Page 3 / 3
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @cspidy

the Fuji  photos appear more like a painting than a photo, the colors are softer and seam to be more like a brush stroke than an image. Not a bad thing. More like art.

the cannon is a more realistic image

Interesting and thanks. Great observation.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 3, 2020 9:56 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @dev
Posted by: @haloruler64

I can't tell much of a difference. Unfortunately editing takes up a lot of a camera's slack these days, editing is such a HUGE part of the photography life now. But I almost feel like the Canon is sharper. More... BAM (if I may use dumb words to describe what I'm seeing). 

Both of us know that both cameras will do amazing for most people. I'd probably choose more on ergonomics and feature sets than sensors. But I'd give a slight edge to the Canon.

Often times when those describe sharpness it’s usually micro contrast.  Sharpness is a thing but it can ruin a photograph if there is too much of it.  What gives off that impact is not necessary   the sharpness but the tonality of light and dark packed tightly.  There are also unquantifiable aspects of the image that can’t be edited in or out and that is usually what makes the photo. I find the photos that require the least amount of editing turn out this best especially when you expose to the right and bring the exposure down in post. 
At one time I had the one of the sharpest 50mm lens and it sucked because that sharpness was distracting.  

Thanks for your evaluation. 

Yeah that's not what I meant, because I agree. My 50mm f/1.2 AI-S lens is my favorite and it's also super soft when opened up. I didn't mean sharp as in details. Again, I'm no pro, so I can't describe it because I don't have the words.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2020 7:55 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @dev

I can't tell much of a difference. Unfortunately editing takes up a lot of a camera's slack these days, editing is such a HUGE part of the photography life now. But I almost feel like the Canon is sharper. More... BAM (if I may use dumb words to describe what I'm seeing). 

Both of us know that both cameras will do amazing for most people. I'd probably choose more on ergonomics and feature sets than sensors. But I'd give a slight edge to the Canon.

Often times when those describe sharpness it’s usually micro contrast.  Sharpness is a thing but it can ruin a photograph if there is too much of it.  What gives off that impact is not necessary   the sharpness but the tonality of light and dark packed tightly.  There are also unquantifiable aspects of the image that can’t be edited in or out and that is usually what makes the photo. I find the photos that require the least amount of editing turn out this best especially when you expose to the right and bring the exposure down in post. 
At one time I had the one of the sharpest 50mm lens and it sucked because that sharpness was distracting.  

Thanks for your evaluation. 

Yeah that's not what I meant, because I agree. My 50mm f/1.2 AI-S lens is my favorite and it's also super soft when opened up. I didn't mean sharp as in details. Again, I'm no pro, so I can't describe it because I don't have the words.

A pro is only someone that gets paid. There are working photographers that do just enough to get by for the prices they charge.  There are many more non pros that are much better but they are poor at the business side of it and therefore they make poor working photographers that can’t flow but their talent can be second to none.  
There are only a handful of so called pros that are the real deal of a combination of both.

Never sell yourself short. A pro anything is an illusion. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 3, 2020 9:30 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Haha good point. Let me rephrase that with "I'm not privy to the lingo of the pros and enthusiasts"

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2020 9:54 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: