Something got jacked up with one of the plugins causing issues. I got it somewhat working for now, but will be still checking on things.
Maybe, I haven't been on the site in a while, but did something change with the theme recently? Or is that something that is broken?
The issue appears to have been the updating of plugins out of sequence or perhaps a stalled update on the main plugin. It's resolved now though and I don't think it was happening more than a couple hours.
All this while my home internet has been cutting out randomly throughout the day. Fun times.
It turns out there is an issue with WPForo and whenever I activate one of the plugins, the whole site bombs. I'll look into this when I have some time. Until then, some features won't be available.
Just to recap...
WPForo (this forum software) had a new version. And I sort of have things on an automatic update strategy. Well, with the latest version of 2.0.2, it required all new versions of the plugins to be 3.0 or higher. Guess what didn't happen with the addons... Yep. They were all still version 2.#. So, that incompatibility blew it up real good.
Hopefully, the brief disruptions didn't annoy you all too much.
You're doing a great and invaluable service. Thanks.
Oh sure...blame it on a software update gone bad... 😛 😜 😋 😆 😉 😉
I haven't been around in a while and thought we'd been hijacked!!! We appreciate all you guys do!
"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane
Site does look a little different. Thanks for taking care of it, Justin. Much appreciated!
The new wpforo forum software must have some new looks or something like that. My guess is that the theme doesn't 100% work with it yet. At least everything is functional again.
WP plugins can be a little finicky. Comes with the territory of a software suite that depends on lots of different things from different devs, working together. A while back a woocommerce update broke something on my store, and I hunted down the issue for like 12 hours straight, only to find out it was a plugin issue and I just needed to wait for the hot fix update. Was literally one boolean value in a line of code that got changed.
Anyways, thanks for maintaining the site. I thought we got hacked hahhaha