A/C for the 2AR-FE ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

A/C for the 2AR-FE swap

Marc
(@marc)
Trusted Member

Got back to working on the 2AR-FE swap and i mocked up the Nissan Juke compressor in there and not only does it fit, it fits without removing the engine. you just need to remove the lower control arm brace and sneak it in there carefully.

These are just cheap brackets on the stock case, the actual part will be a replacement rear case half that i need to get to designing now. 

IMG 1354
IMG 1361

The belt gets within 8mm of the frame but the front engine mount is a really tight mount so it does not allow much movement in that area and this will not cause an issue. 

Topic starter Posted : May 22, 2020 4:24 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

With AC I am back on for this swap! From Texas!

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2020 5:42 pm
 Marc
(@marc)
Trusted Member

@desertwanderer

That's good to know. A/C has always been part of the intention for this swap but of course the best of intentions won't stop you from sweating so i understand holding off. 

I'm kinda taking a gamble on this. There's been very little interest in this swap and i know some are holding off for A/C and some are holding off for power adders. I hate to spend more money on something people aren't buying but i also don't want to stop one or two parts away from this being a popular swap.

I do know that ever since i started making these parts available there's been a run on EB60/EB62 transmissions so i'm hopeful it means people are working on collecting parts for this swap. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 22, 2020 6:35 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

@marc I have located and purchased a 2004 Spyder that needs an engine. I will now do my due dilligence and see if this is the one, though I think that it is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2020 7:28 pm
 Marc
(@marc)
Trusted Member

@desertwanderer

That's great news, keep me posted and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 22, 2020 7:42 pm
 Marc
(@marc)
Trusted Member

Bit more progress on the A/C. The first prototype version of the bracket came in and it needs a bit of tweaking obviously but this bracket is good enough to mount in my car and see where everything lands and check the frame clearance. 

I think there's a small chance the bracket may require some clearancing of the lower oil pan just to get the compressor as tucked to the block as possible. I would love to give a bit of space but i think we want the space on the frame side as much as possible.

IMG 1383
IMG 1382

I also need to figure out what i will do with the suction hose, it'll be possible to reuse the stock hose with some gentle bending to clear the thermostat but i know some of you guys want a direct bolt-in solution also.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 1, 2020 8:54 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @marc

Bit more progress on the A/C. The first prototype version of the bracket came in and it needs a bit of tweaking obviously but this bracket is good enough to mount in my car and see where everything lands and check the frame clearance. 

I think there's a small chance the bracket may require some clearancing of the lower oil pan just to get the compressor as tucked to the block as possible. I would love to give a bit of space but i think we want the space on the frame side as much as possible.

IMG 1383
IMG 1382

I also need to figure out what i will do with the suction hose, it'll be possible to reuse the stock hose with some gentle bending to clear the thermostat but i know some of you guys want a direct bolt-in solution also.

Yes, to the extent possible!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 1, 2020 9:01 pm
Share: